Old 03-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #471
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you can read at least 1 post above you. 1 f* post
Old 03-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #472
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

As it happens, new copies are not sold anymore.
So it's back for download.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-08-2008, 07:16 AM   #473
nick1986

Hey,
I’m having trouble with the sound in blood. I use the sound blaster for my sound when i go to the setup but when i test the sound i always hear a crackling sound of the demon moaning. Because of this i am unable to play the game. Music works fine; I’m using the wave blaster for that.

When I attempt to load up blood via dosbox I get this message “src\sound.cpp(516): Playback failed, possibly due to an invalid or conflicting IRQ.
nick1986 is offline                         Send a private message to nick1986
Old 06-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #474
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

when playng with dosbox, on default configuration, your sound config needs to be like this:

-sound blaster
--address 220
--sound card type: anything i guess
--interrupt (this IRQ): 7
--8 bit DMA channel: doesn't matter here
--16 bit DMA channel: 5

btw if the game runs too slow for you, you can also try fidling around with VDMsound
Old 07-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #475
nick1986

Ye the sound is working fine now. However ive stumbled on another annoying problem

For some reason when im trying to use the mouse in game i am only able to aim left to right (x axis) but for some reason i am unable to aim up and down (y axis). I went to the advanced controller set up and the only options i see for the y axis' are: analog_moving, analog_turning and analog_strafing. My x axis is analog_turning and i also placed my y axis as analog_turning but when i move the mouse up and down in game the aiming moves left and right as if i was turning the mouse left to right.

I know it sounds a little complicated but i cant unserstand why i cant freely move the aimer :s
Old 07-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #476
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

no, don't go to any advanced controller setup, press U for mouse look. you will also want to go to the control settings and set "invert mouse look"

by the way, don't play blood with mouse, use old school ALT-strafing and arrows=P
Old 07-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #477
nick1986

ye i got it working now lol. Nah i have to play this game with a mouse, makes it more fun for me lol.
The mouse isnt very smooth though, what i mean is on a diagonal movement it is not as smooth compared to moving straight up/down or left/right.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #478
EemeliJ
Lurker

Hi,
Do I need to make any changes to my Dosbox preferences, because the frames change real slowly, it's not really even playable. Or do I just have to make some game setup configurations? I'm running dosbox on mac.
No problems with the sounds whatsoever (audio: gravis ultrasound and waveblaster for the music), they seem to play great, even though I really can't say what's happening there all that time. Usually I just see the titles, and maybe a bit of the video playing there backround. And if I actually start a new game, it's again only that damn pitchfork I see there.
I'm a bit newb in these things...:wondering:
EemeliJ is offline                         Send a private message to EemeliJ
Old 09-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #479
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Set core to dynamic (not sure if it'll work on a mac...).
Replace the DOS4GW executable used by the game with DOS32A.
Run the game in 640x480.
Set Frameskip to 2.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #480
Tamrhind

Quote:
Originally Posted by EemeliJ View Post
Hi,
Do I need to make any changes to my Dosbox preferences, because the frames change real slowly, it's not really even playable. Or do I just have to make some game setup configurations? I'm running dosbox on mac.
No problems with the sounds whatsoever (audio: gravis ultrasound and waveblaster for the music), they seem to play great, even though I really can't say what's happening there all that time. Usually I just see the titles, and maybe a bit of the video playing there backround. And if I actually start a new game, it's again only that damn pitchfork I see there.
I'm a bit newb in these things...:wondering:
Similar problem (and acolyte status). DosBox at 7500 cycles, frameskip 10(!)) and it IS unplayable - certainly no place to test twitch muscles.
BTW, what is DOS 32A & where do we get it?
Tamrhind is offline                         Send a private message to Tamrhind