Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #11
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Shiny oblivion meets Stalker's dull colours & landscape...
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 02-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
voitan

I thought it was pretty good for a Fallout/Oblivion-mix... But it was too little of the good/bad stuff
voitan is offline                         Send a private message to voitan
Old 10-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #13
Talin
Game freak

UPDATE: didnt buy it, torrented it to try it out before purchase and i threw up a little in my mouth.

Bethesda have really sunk low in terms of making games, i cant believe that this is the same company that made Daggerfall and Morrowind.

this was everything but Fallout.
Talin is offline                         Send a private message to Talin
Old 10-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #14
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

yeah and that everything had completely retarded combat system that felt whether like a bad shooter or was too easy, that screwed the whole game since most of the game is basically fighting
Old 11-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #15
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Its a good game, thought could ahve been way better. My PS3 version has FPS drop once and a while. On PC it wouldn't my pc could run it like apple pie in a cherry pie contest.

The thing i HATED about Fallout 3, was the short story. I beat the game in just 24 hours of gameplay :\ Bethesda should REALLY release some sort of free addon. Ye. That'd be Sw33t

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 12-04-2009, 03:07 AM   #16
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
Its a good game, thought could ahve been way better. My PS3 version has FPS drop once and a while. On PC it wouldn't my pc could run it like apple pie in a cherry pie contest.
At least it would be in a pie contest. My computer would run it like a fat American kid running after a truck of broccoli.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 12-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #17
Tulac
Union Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
yeah and that everything had completely retarded combat system that felt whether like a bad shooter or was too easy, that screwed the whole game since most of the game is basically fighting
I think that the combat system was pretty good as in the whole VATS implementation and FPS hybrid. However the problem was that it didn't matter if I used VATS smartly (shooting into an arm so enemies weapon would fall from his hands etc.), or just shoot the bastard wherever. In any case I would most probably beat him.

Though I think there are mods which make the game more challenging and magnify the importance of playing smart and using VATS. IMO there should have been more effect when you shoot an enemy in the leg, arm or wherever than there actually was.
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #18
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i think that the hybridding made it really unfair. like you said, you can just jump around like a fagula untill your vats recharges, then press v and shot him in the head without any hassle. where's the fun if there's no challenge. the combat is definitely not fair towards enemies
Old 13-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #19
Yes Or Nay
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
i think that the hybridding made it really unfair. like you said, you can just jump around like a fagula untill your vats recharges, then press v and shot him in the head without any hassle. where's the fun if there's no challenge. the combat is definitely not fair towards enemies
Have to agree with that part. Combat was mindless shit in that game, unfortunately. Aah, and how I enjoyed shooting people in the groin in F2.

However, the rarity of ammunition somehow compensated the overall absence of any real combat challenge.
Yes Or Nay is offline                         Send a private message to Yes Or Nay
Old 18-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #20
Talin
Game freak

rarity of ammo? i found ammo all over the place, in hotell lockers, in hospital rooms, on the floor in normal homes, under beds, in buckets in the janitors closet (which must have been put there before the war since it was locked and you had to make some jumps to reach it, did really EVERYONE have guns before the war?)

and then theres those bugs where a guy can just stand around and suddenly shoot up into the air and like, twist himself like a rag and expand out to a fine line of meat, bouncing all over the place. happened to me like 7-8 times.

the most funny part was some dogs that was stuck inside a car wreck (one at the drivers seat and one in the back, did they spawn there?) by Germantown, barking at me and while doing some sort of creepy shuddering, suddenly the whole car started to shudder along with them and like began shaking towards me, so i blew it up.

had to take a break there since i was laughing like hell. oh god.
Talin is offline                         Send a private message to Talin