Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #51
Chromanin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red_avatar @ Oct 1 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]258682[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chromanin @ Oct 1 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]258679[/snapback]
Quote:
Damn that flight sim ;_;.
[/b]
Personally I find flight sims unfair because you really really need to have played them lots before you can know for sure because a lot of them look very similar. Especially when they show a screenshot from an external view and not a cockpit show. I just happen to know this one for a reason I can't tell you without giving too much away
[/b][/quote]

It's alright, I found it . I used to be a big flight sim fan, but sadly I never played this one before tho. Fortunately, I knew about the game .
Chromanin is offline                         Send a private message to Chromanin
Old 01-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #52
red_avatar
Administrator

The amount of Flightsims in the same time span was amazing though back then - they all were small improvement over eachother so they can be very hard to identify.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 01-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #53
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

I say people stop complaining about the shots being posted. No matter what's posted, there will always be people who know it and those who have never seen it before in their life...get over it, do your best, and play the game
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 01-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #54
Chromanin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red_avatar @ Oct 1 2006, 08:54 PM) [snapback]258689[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The amount of Flightsims in the same time span was amazing though back then - they all were small improvement over eachother so they can be very hard to identify.
[/b]
Sent you a PM cuz I don't want to spoil anything for the others on the board.
Chromanin is offline                         Send a private message to Chromanin
Old 01-10-2006, 09:12 PM   #55
red_avatar
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ReamusLQ @ Oct 1 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]258690[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I say people stop complaining about the shots being posted. No matter what's posted, there will always be people who know it and those who have never seen it before in their life...get over it, do your best, and play the game
[/b]
I'm being fair for the others :P I've known every game up till now so it's not for my own that I say these things. Besides, the screenshots are already picked so there's little I can say that will change it - and I love the contest so kudos to Kosta anyway. Just mentioning so that people who don't recognise the game don't feel silly.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 01-10-2006, 09:16 PM   #56
shanuea

Send a message via ICQ to shanuea Send a message via AIM to shanuea Send a message via MSN to shanuea Send a message via Yahoo to shanuea

That last one looks SO familiar but i cant quite put my finger on the name.
shanuea is offline                         Send a private message to shanuea
Old 01-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #57
Chromanin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red_avatar @ Oct 1 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]258695[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ReamusLQ @ Oct 1 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]258690[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
I'm being fair for the others :P I've known every game up till now so it's not for my own that I say these things. Besides, the screenshots are already picked so there's little I can say that will change it - and I love the contest so kudos to Kosta anyway. Just mentioning so that people who don't recognise the game don't feel silly.
[/b][/quote]

I'm a decent game "researcher" myself as well , although I really should get some underdoggers in here, as they completely blow me to bits when it comes to contests like this.

Ow and about the PM, I get your point, but it's not easy finding that out :w00t: .
Old 01-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #58
red_avatar
Administrator

Haha, well I should add that I've been testing DOS games for DOSBOX (I'm one of the beta testers) for quite some time and have been through hundereds of games - so far I tested over 800 DOS games on DOSBOX and all but one of the screenshots was among those. And that I've been re-reading old copies of games magazines since 1993 that helps too. But yeah, obscure games could be a problem since those are often even hard to find for download, let alone be well known.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:34 AM   #59
Damo

Now that the next 5 are up can the answers be given for the first 5?
I am just after number 4, as you may have noticed
Damo is offline                         Send a private message to Damo
Old 02-10-2006, 03:07 AM   #60
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

no, because people can still submit answers for the first four, they just have a penalty for submitting them late.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Closed Thread