Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 18-08-2004, 07:54 AM   #1
horsecrazy

Default Downloading Problem

This is a great site you have here with a nice layout and an awesome selection of games, however, unfortunately I can't access any of them. Every time I click the 'download' button on the games I want, it just brings me back to the page displaying information on that game without bringing up the file. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so is there something I can do about it? Or if not, can anyone tell me where I can download an abandonware version of King's Quest V: Absence Makes The Heart Go Yonder and King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow? I'd love to have these two, but like I mentioned before I can't get them to download and I'm having the hardest time finding English abandonware versions of these games. Several Google searches and so far no luck.
horsecrazy is offline                         Send a private message to horsecrazy
Old 18-08-2004, 08:10 AM   #2
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to Braindead Send a message via MSN to Braindead

I sometimes also have this problem but when I click on download again, it takes me to the download page.

Which Internet Browser do you use?
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 18-08-2004, 08:15 AM   #3
horsecrazy

My internet browser is Internet Explorer; I've clicked on the download link more than once, but it didn't change anything. I'll try a few more times, I guess. The funny thing is that I went to the 'programs' section and when I clicked to download something it opened right up...
horsecrazy is offline                         Send a private message to horsecrazy
Old 18-08-2004, 08:47 AM   #4
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to Braindead Send a message via MSN to Braindead

programs are direct links, games links pass you to a new php page, so that's the difference.

Only thing I can advise is to clear your cookies/delete temporary internet files and then to try again...
Other than that I'm afraid I won't be able to help, sorry...
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 18-08-2004, 10:01 AM   #5
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I tried downloading Kings Quest V with IE and had no problems. The only time I've ever had trouble d/l on this site is when I used a download manager. Apparently, accelerators won't work, and only a few managers will.

I doubt if you'll get Kings Quest on any other site but here.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 18-08-2004, 07:37 PM   #6
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

The general rule on this site is:
NO DOWNLOAD MANAGER or ACCELERATORS are allowed!

Sorry, this is made for security reasons.
Try to shut down any of these programs and try again
Old 18-08-2004, 07:48 PM   #7
horsecrazy

I tried deleting all cookies and temporary internet files, but it didn't do any good. And there aren't any download managers or accelerators on the computer I'm using. I have no clue why this won't work. We do have an ad-blocker installed though, and once in a while it screws up stuff I'm trying to do on internet sites; is there any way that could be effecting the downloads? I really can't think of anything else.

But thanks for your help, guys. I appreciate your replies.
Old 18-08-2004, 08:22 PM   #8
FreeFreddy

Did you add this site to the trustworthy sites in the options of your Internet Explorer? That could be the problem. Also turn on the cookies from this site.

Old 18-08-2004, 08:30 PM   #9
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The problem is because of session variables. For some reason your computer doesn't generate them. It can be the connection, it can be the operating system, browser.... if I knew for sure, I'd tell you, but unfortunately I don't. What kind of connection are you using? Are you behind a firewall of some kind?
Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 18-08-2004, 10:07 PM   #10
horsecrazy

Well I added this site to the list of trustworthy sites and enabled the cookies and it FINALLY worked, so thank you thank you thank you! Thanks everyone who replied.
Closed Thread