Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-07-2006, 01:11 AM   #511
GarretnightWolf

k well every thing is good but the sound is a little chopy. i am so happy i found it i didn't think i would seeing how its a dead game and i hope to find dungeon keeper 2 another 1995 dead game
GarretnightWolf is offline                         Send a private message to GarretnightWolf
Old 04-07-2006, 06:42 AM   #512
GarretnightWolf

hey what is peoples strats on raiding the cult?
GarretnightWolf is offline                         Send a private message to GarretnightWolf
Old 04-07-2006, 09:03 AM   #513
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

In raiding the cult you should only be doing it for cash or cash and weapons or experience/fun, if it is just for weapons then it is much safer to stun-raid (raid a non-hostile organisation but stun instead of shoot guards so they won't shoot back) as other corps like Marsec and Megapol have much better weapons.

If you do decide to raid the cult small numbers work better, with smaller numbers the map size is smaller which means you don't have to search around everywhere to find the last few cult members. Usually I use 4 agents who start of as a squad so they start in the same room and then split them up individually. If starting in the room which has two gravlifts and stairs to the basement I keep one agent watching the grav-lifts (after destroying the curtains inbetween the gravlifts) and another watching the stairs. The remaining two agents go and actively pursue cult members, mainly using stun grenades which are quick at incapacitating cult members and do not destroy any loot.

Wiping out the cult members should be fairly easy and you can use the little ledges as cover by crawling underneath them, the only enemy you have to watch out for is the cultist with the heavy launcher, incredibly dangerous as a single rocket can badly injure or even kill your agents. A handy tool which can only be used in lucky situations is the jump tool, this is where you hold ctrl+J or alt+J and click on a square adjacent to your agent which should be thin air (e.g. your agent is next to a ledge, use the jump button and click on the square off the ledge and your agent jumps down). This is useful when dodging a heavy launcher rocket in real-time as you can avoid the blast but it does not work all the time.

The two agents who are attacking the cult members should split up once the leave the starting room, flank the enemy so they cannot use cover but try to make sure not to get outflanked by setting up a prox-trap or flanking from an unflankable position (i.e. no doors or lifts behind your agent where the enemy can pop out from). If this is an early raid without many researching done then marsec machineguns and grenades for the assault agents and autocannons for the guarding agents if you have high-tech then disruptor and devestators for everyone. If your agents start in a room with multiple points of entry which are hard to defend then you can use prox traps, a prox trap for me is when you lay down some unprimed stun or ap grenades then lay down an armed proximity mine on or next to the grenades, when an enemy walks over the prox mine is set off and in the resulting explosion the other grenades are also activated which can effecitvly kill or stun any cultists. I prefer using stun-grenades as it does not destroy any loot and you can tell easily when an enemy has activated it by the green gas let off, of course when using HE you can also tell by the extensive wreckage left behind.

The assaulting agents should sweep through the whole map including the basements, when fighting in open areas aimed or snap shots work the best (unless it is covering fire where auto-works the best) when in the basement auto is king as you can fill any cultist in the corridor with lead very quickly. The main reason why you have two agents guarding the stairs and gravlifts is so that cultists cannot out-flank you and also to provide a safe room for your assault agents to retreat to heal wounds or just to escape, if agents are wounded then you can swap the assault agents with the guard agents. This tactic works well as you can use limited numbers of agents and effectivly wipe out cultists with hopefully minimal losses. Just remember that in Apocalypse everything can be destroyed with enough fire-power so you don't ever have to send agents through a door which might have enemies waiting behind it when you can create your own and surprise the enemy.

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 04-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #514
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If you want some fun against COS, take a couple (3-6) agents with Stun Grapples. Sometimes it's quite hard, sometimes ridiculously easy (just lurk at the side of the door and stun anything that walks through).

Quote:
k well every thing is good but the sound is a little chopy. i am so happy i found it i didn't think i would seeing how its a dead game and i hope to find dungeon keeper 2 another 1995 dead game[/b]
Try VDMSound.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #515
laiocfar
NOD Commander

I never hear of jumping (Ctrl + J or Alt + J).... i expect that it would make easier to avoid missiles from CoS´s heavy launchers and Alien´s MegaSpawns.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:57 PM   #516
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laiocfar @ Jul 4 2006, 11:11 PM) [snapback]241569[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I never hear of jumping (Ctrl + J or Alt + J).... i expect that it would make easier to avoid missiles from CoS´s heavy launchers and Alien´s MegaSpawns.
[/b]
It can only be used jumping off ledges, you can't use it just to randomly jump, also for some reason you can't use it to jump off grav-lifts, it is useful for avoiding heavy fire but timing is required a little bit against missiles, jump too early and the missile can track you and still hit you, jump too late and it hits you, however it does take a while for the unit to jump so it is best to jump as soon as you see the missile fire assuming you are next to the ledge otherwise it might be better just to try and duck for cover and pray. There are a few stuff which is not included in any Apocalypse documentation, like manual vehicle control as well (I think thats not included anyway) where you can control a vehicle in cityscape, very handy for destroying buildings or concentrating firepower quickly.

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 05-07-2006, 04:59 AM   #517
GarretnightWolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sharp @ Jul 4 2006, 05:03 AM) [snapback]241363[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
There are a few stuff which is not included in any Apocalypse documentation, like manual vehicle control as well (I think thats not included anyway) where you can control a vehicle in cityscape, very handy for destroying buildings or concentrating firepower quickly.
[/b]
yeah you can destory the cult buildings with out them attacking you if you back up and use lassers they get up and then go back in
Old 05-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #518
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Jumping isnt too usefull about missiles coz most of times you cant jump.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:26 AM   #519
GarretnightWolf

ok so i raided a lot in the first 20 min of the game and it appers that the alliens get very advaced they have tehre beam guns already on day one? is it becuase i bought a secound base?
Old 07-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #520
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

That happens when you have suddenly got a huge score.
In later days they'll have their normal gear again, for now it's a good opportunity for you to mass Stun-Grenade the suckas and get a lot of their advanced gear before you are theoretically supposed to.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman