Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #21
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Guys, come on, I doubt this is what Fubb was looking for when he started this thread.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #22
The Bard
Abandonia Bard

Yeah, Death is not a bloke, it's a She.
Condolences an' all, I pity all who died, but it wasn't an accident it was the drivers' fault.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #23
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I'm Canadian too. And I agree fully with Titan and MM.

Fubb: condoleances to your friend family.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:33 AM   #24
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

thanks Lu, im alright

We had an announcement at school today about the accident and all the classes were quite for like 5 minutes after, put the hair on my neck on end (im not good in meaningful, reflective situations like that)

You guys forget that like any normal boy, you gotta show off, im sure they were probably just having fun, i know me and my friend speed (only like 5 or 10 over the limit though, in town, so thats only 60 km) but when your going well over the limit, your asking for trouble, its a shame it had to end like this though. Good thing is that the sister of the one who died has lots of really goood friends and we're looking after her

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 12-01-2010, 05:03 AM   #25
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Ofc. it's a tragedy to the closest family, but i feel worse for the rescue-workers having so see it all and rush the twisted up bodies, seeing all the human suffering, blood and screaming.

It's always how it's going to be; If you are related in any way to the family in question that was struck by this, you will always feel sorry for them, but someone who has no personal connections to the "victims" will see it from another perspective.

I have no idea if he was a dickhead or not, and to be honest, It's no concern to me. I base my reasoning on the newpost you added, where the policeman stated "The vehicle was absolutely totalled. It does appear at this point that the vehicle was travelling in excess of the (80 km/h) speed limit", seeing the spoiler on the car leading me to think it's a reasonable "sporty" car, given the age of the driver, the condition of the wreak and the force required to demolish a car that much and the fact that it was 4 males in the car.
It's probably gone fast down the road, is my conclusion. I doubt he intentionally chose to crash, but it's past the point that can be called accidental.

He killed 1 person, injured 2 more, forced allot more to experience mental stress and costed your community resourses. All to show off. Sorry, but this is the way it looks to me, and that is my opinion. I'm not asking anyone to love me for it, but making this thread, ask for it.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #26
Sal
Game Wizzard

Fubb....May I say how sad I am that you and your family have had to experience this tragedy...As a mother in the somewhat ancient age bracket, I can (believe it or not ) still remember what it was like being young and speeding down the highway in a fast car or even a motor bike..Like young people then and now we gave no thought to what the consequenses would be if we crashed..In fact we gave no thought at all to having any kind of accident. Of course we learnt like you that when friends died in accidents nothing was ever going to bring them back. Whatever mistakes they had made, the supreme price had been paid.We began to learn that we must live with the consequences of our actions. As a Salvation Army Officer I have had to officiate at the funerals of young girls and boys killed in road accidents (mostly caused by speed and bad judgement) It is a great tragedy for everyone. Remeber your friends with love.
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 12-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #27
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Ooop, found out what happened. They were racing. Gosh what a surprise, we had 4 killed and 1 paralyzed from the neck down just a few years ago when they drove into a building racing >.<

sal, im not part of the family, im friends with people related to them though (sister of one that died)

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 13-01-2010, 05:27 AM   #28
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

As usual i feel you're both right - have pity on the poor sod, but he was an idiot. Still, it feels like such an overboard consequence for such a trivial misdemeanor...

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 13-01-2010, 07:35 AM   #29
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

We should never forget that - from a drastic point of view - each time we drive a car we create enough kniectic energy to kill ourselves.
Once you do not watch out or misjudge a situation there is a good chance of getting seriously hurt.
In this case it was no accident, but it clearly shows that we are not aware of what power we steer through our streets each day.

We use it, but we can't really control it.

OMG, this reminds me of atomic energy...

Last edited by Icewolf; 13-01-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Icewolf is offline                         Send a private message to Icewolf
Old 13-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #30
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I feel sorry for the family of all these people, I really do, but at the same time all I can think is once again Darwin is proven right. Speed kills, speed plus ice kills faster, anyone not able to regonise that is asking to die. The saddest thing here is people died and were hurt who had no control of the car.

Once again I feel sorry for the family, for Fubb (not directly involved but this kind of thing can cause untold amounts of pain to people far removed.) and for the people not in control of the car, even a little for the person driving.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86