Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
Sal
Game Wizzard

Default New threads

:confused: Why is it not possible to post a new thread on the games discussion forum?...........SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 30-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Only updaters (I believe) can create new threads there. Games Discussion is for the games already on Abandonia. If you want to talk about a game not found here, you are free to post a thread in Favourite Oldies/Newbies, or if you're having problems with a game not found here, try Troubleshooting.
Old 31-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
Sal
Game Wizzard

Default posting new threads

:confused: Sorry MM what is an "updater"...The game I wanted to discuss is a game currently downloadable from the Abandonia site..The message I got was that I couldn't post a new thread to discuss this game (Armaeth)..Sal
Old 31-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
velik_m
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
:confused: Sorry MM what is an "updater"...The game I wanted to discuss is a game currently downloadable from the Abandonia site..The message I got was that I couldn't post a new thread to discuss this game (Armaeth)..Sal
what's wrong with this thread?

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7498
Old 31-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Sorry MM what is an "updater"...
A member of the site staff authorized to use the site administrative controls. Their job is to add new games and extras on the site and update the oldwarez list.
Quote:
The game I wanted to discuss is a game currently downloadable from the Abandonia site...
If it's on Abandonia, then it already has a topic in Games Discussion in which you can talk about it.
Quote:
The message I got was that I couldn't post a new thread to discuss this game (Armaeth)..
Regular users cannot do this. We had a taste of what would happen if they did back when the forum was upgraded a few months ago. Let's just say I'm still on anti-depressants because of it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-01-2008, 05:26 AM   #6
Sal
Game Wizzard

Default new thread on discussion group

Look I know this is going to make me sound like I am totally off the planet but I feel there has been a shimmer in the time/space continuum here and I have missed something...If its a discussion group why can't we discuss something new? I looked for Armaeth on the discussion forum and did not find it so I thought I would start a thread and talk about it. Must have missed whatever awful disaster upset the fifth horseman to the extent that he needs anti-depressants. Vaya con Dios El Caballo numero Cinco..... Sal
Old 01-01-2008, 06:15 AM   #7
Scatty
Treasure hunter

You mean you couldn't find the discussion thread for the game Armaeth - The Lost Kingdom? It is there, here's the link for it - link
As about creating new threads in Games Discussion, that part of the forum is for discussing games that are on site only, so if there's no game on site there's also no thread for it. The threads there are opened only by updaters and eventually admins.
And if you would like to create a new thread to discuss a game that's not uploaded on the site, you can do that happily in Favorite oldies and newbies.

Anything unclear yet?
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 01-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #8
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you can post anything related to the game in the topic. doesn't matter if it sounds offtopic
Old 01-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I looked for Armaeth on the discussion forum and did not find it so I thought I would start a thread and talk about it.
If you have a problem finding a topic, use the Search feature: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/search.php
Quote:
Must have missed whatever awful disaster upset the fifth horseman to the extent that he needs anti-depressants.
When the forum was moved, all old posting/viewing/etc settings got cleared. And suddenly we had a gigaton of new topics started by morons who couldn't read the information given on the review page about running games in DOSBox and copy protection.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-01-2008, 09:17 PM   #10
Sal
Game Wizzard

:eek:Wheeeww....well I am certainly glad we got all THAT sorted out...Um yes I did find the Armaeth discussion eventually..Thankz for all your advice and help
If I might be permitted to say so.... the enormous amount of work that has to be put in to run a site like this is noted and very much appreciated. The questions that I ask are to help me use the site better and I have found all advice and assistance really good In Australia we have a saying which goes like this "Don't let the bastards grind you down"
I could have substituted something else for the "B" word but it wouldn't have the same impact. I printed this out and have it hanging in my office to remind me on those @#$% days we all have...to hang in there...:cool:....SAL