Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > The ISO Cellar > C
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2010, 07:03 AM   #21
Nyerguds
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioncannon View Post
Anyone have the DOS version of C&C? It didn't have the scanline issue with videos, and my dos rig doesn't have Windows. Already have real gold version cds.
The scanlines aren't actually an "issue", it's just the game's way of stretching the 320x200 videos.
I got a DOS version uploaded here though, with extra folders which contain the media; effectively a full hard disk install.
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/fullcnc/
[edit]I just noticed, this is the same version currently uploaded on Abandonia. Why does it say "Uploaded by: marko river" then? I uploaded that pack [/edit]

I could get you real isos too if you really want em.

---

Anyway, a bit of an update on this... while EA has still not given official word on the status of The Covert Operations, they HAVE however officially endorsed my unofficial v1.06 patch for the game (scroll to the bottom of the page), which CONTAINS the expansion. Since I specifically told the community manager about the fact it contained The Covert Ops, I believe this is enough proof that they approve the distribution of the expansion, at least in that form.

So, here's the patch I made...
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/
The site includes a full hard disk installer, since the original CD installers don't work on 64-bit systems.
The videos pack is not included in the hard disk installer, but can be downloaded either from the Digiex mirror, or from the media folder in the DOS download link I just gave for Ioncannon. It already contains all music though.

Besides the Covert Ops, this also includes all the official missions which were originally only available on the Playstation and Nintendo '64 version of the game. And a gigantic load of bug fixes, of course. It's a patch, after all.
A new language changing system I programmed into it allows the user to switch to English, German, French or (unofficial translation) Spanish.
For anyone who's interested, the next patch is on the way, and it will contain the last official language in which the game was released (albeit on console), namely Japanese. Audio only though; even in the console version it came from C&C didn't support Japanese fonts.

In related news, C&C: Red Alert is also made freeware, with a similar neglecting of its expansion packs. However, C&C: Tiberian Sun, which is also freeware now, is released WITH its expansion pack. So it's pretty clear that the exclusion of the C&C1 and RA expansions from freeware status is just because they couldn't be bothered to upload isos of expansions that don't add real storyline elements. Or perhaps simply because they didn't know how to get the Covert Ops to install (since its DOS installer gives trouble on XP).
The C&C freeware download page:
http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic
Note the people thanked at the bottom... me, while I added the Covert Ops in the patch they mention, and Chickendippers, who has the ISOs of both Red Alert expansions up for download on his website.

Last edited by Nyerguds; 26-06-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Nyerguds is offline                         Send a private message to Nyerguds
Old 27-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #22
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

EDIT: Ignore the statement below; jDownloader can't see it, but it's there.

GDI95.part1.rar is missing from the main 4shared folder. Can you add it back, Dave?

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010

Last edited by Expack2; 30-06-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2