Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Default Last Half of Darkness II, The

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with us! Thanks!

Review & download (if available)

Last edited by Sebatianos; 18-10-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 19-10-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
WilliamC23
Abandonia nerd

The entire "Maze at the beginning" thing dissuades me from even trying it.
WilliamC23 is offline                         Send a private message to WilliamC23
Old 19-10-2008, 04:16 AM   #3
MrDeadly
Game freak

Try it with the walkthrough, I see it's not added yet but when it's up you should give the game a chance if you liked the first part.
Old 19-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
red_avatar
Administrator

Mazes are the worst in tile-based first person games like this - especially if the game doesn't give you an auto-map of any kind.

Maybe 10 years ago, I thought it was fun to write down layouts of mazes and stuff like that but these days, it really just bores me because after the 154th game which requires you to write stuff down, it starts getting annoying. Maybe I've just been pampered too much by games with integrated journals where you can write down notes, or auto-maps that track everywhere you've been AND let you create footnotes on the map in case anything of value can be found there.
red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 19-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
Geitzeist

Default Setup?

Anyone know how to access the setup for mouse and sound? When I run the game, it goes right to the title screen and I don't have mouse control.
Geitzeist is offline                         Send a private message to Geitzeist
Old 19-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #6
JudgeDeadd
Super Freak

The title of the game is misspelled.
Old 22-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
MrDeadly
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geitzeist View Post
Anyone know how to access the setup for mouse and sound? When I run the game, it goes right to the title screen and I don't have mouse control.
This is a problem with the game when you run it in Dosbox, the mouse just hangs. So you have to select the keyboard option. However, the game lets you use the F1, F2 etc keys as hotkeys so that you don't need to move the mouse cursor back to the command-box every single time you want to do something.
Old 19-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

You are right of course, but after the archive was sent to it's location, I realized one S was missing. I can't change the name of archives once they+re in the downloadable position - and if the name of the review isn't the same as the one of the archive, you can not download it (it gives a broken link). That's why I left the wrong name on the site.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 21-10-2008, 06:44 AM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I've fixed the archive name, review name and thread title.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #10
edrubb1
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeadly View Post
This is a problem with the game when you run it in Dosbox, the mouse just hangs. So you have to select the keyboard option. However, the game lets you use the F1, F2 etc keys as hotkeys so that you don't need to move the mouse cursor back to the command-box every single time you want to do something.
I know this is a severe necropost, but I wanted to post this so other people know. (I never found this information and I actually had to just figure it out myself)
This issue is NOT a problem when running in DOSBox, it is a problem with the release. The archive has a file called "setup2.lst" that contains the configuration. To access the configuration (and be able to actually use the mouse in this game) delete the "setup2.lst" file and run the game. You'll need to delete the file each time you want to run the configuration, but it's at least doable now.

Incidentally, I installed MS Virtual PC 2007, DOS and Windows 3.1, ran mouse.com and then ran the game (all because I read that it was a DOSBox issue) and still had the mouse not working issue. That's when I realized that it was a configuration issue alone and started looking for the file. So the quoted post is actually what HELPED me to get this fix.
edrubb1 is offline                         Send a private message to edrubb1