Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

Default X-MEN - Children of the Atom

Ah, what fond memories. Who can forget the first game in the Marvel/Capcom series of fighting games?

You have 10 characters to choose from:
The X-MEN
-Wolverine
-Psylocke
-Colossus
-Cyclops
-Storm
-Iceman
The Evil Mutants
-Spiral
-Silver Samurai
-Omega Red
-Sentinel
+ 2 Boss (Secret) Characters
-Juggernaut
-Magneto
+ 1 Uber-Secret Character
-Akuma

It plays like Street Fighter (obviously!) No tag, but you can still launch deadly Super Combos against your opponent. If he doesn't do it first. This game is known to be one of Capcom's hardest fighters, especially owing to Magneto. Trying to defeat him can be considered a nightmare!

I remember playing this at a local arcade one time. I didn't have any money to play that day, so I was watching this Mexican guy play through the game, being watched by his gang. Because he was nice, he popped in a quarter so I could play. I thanked him very much ... by annihilating him with the Sentinel, over five or six times in a row. No matter what he tried to do, he couldn't beat me, not to mention his gang was taunting him the whole time. Finally, he had to have his brother whoop me with Wolverine. Oh, but what a feeling that gave me!

You can get the Arcade version on emulator if you want to try it out for yourself, plus there's a PlayStation and Saturn version. Strangely, the home versions weren't made by Capcom, but Acclaim did them instead. They may have done a PC version, but I'm gonna have to look more into it...

Just one warning. If you loved Magneto before, prepare to throw that love out the window, because he'll be your nemesis when he's through with you in X-MEN - Children of the Atom.
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL