Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #131
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daBomb619 View Post
During the intro, after the cat jumps down and the bottle crashes to the ground, the game freezes and the music skips
Quote:
loadfix -26
and you'll get further in the intro. You will still encounter wrapping at some point in the game, though, so the problem is only reduced in this case.
Quote:
run the game in 0.73, which does not have the error exit for DMA wrapping; but you may get some pops in the audio or other undesirable side-effects of the wrapping.
source
Old 23-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #132
Capo
Unconventional member

Every time i start the game it says: "Unable to install driver" and go back to dos, i have to restart the game game until the game actually starts, thats takes 10 minutes every time, so any suggestion how to solve it ?

Btw after that the game works fine.
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 24-09-2011, 03:51 AM   #133
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

If I remember right I had to play around with the sound settings to get this game to work. Try that and see if it helps...maybe it was that I had to turn off the voice over sounds...I can't really remember at the moment.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 05-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #134
Nelexin

Quote:
Originally Posted by daBomb619 View Post
I have the same problem as Niwman. During the intro, after the cat jumps down and the bottle crashes to the ground, the game freezes and the music skips. I have DosBox set to run at 3000 cycles. Can you help?
I've also been having the game crash on me when that bottle breaks after falling, can someone please help us?

Old 05-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #135
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

If you are running the game in the lastest version of dropbox, the problem may be solved by using Dosbox ver. 0.73 instead.

You can find it here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox/files/dosbox/

Let us know if this solves your issue, this is one of my favourite games and I'd hate for somebody not to be able to play it
Old 05-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #136
Nelexin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane View Post
If you are running the game in the lastest version of dropbox, the problem may be solved by using Dosbox ver. 0.73 instead.

You can find it here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox/files/dosbox/

Let us know if this solves your issue, this is one of my favourite games and I'd hate for somebody not to be able to play it
Thank you very much Lulu_Jane! Your solution has indeed fixed the problem. =). I do however have one more request, can you or somebody else tell me how to configure D-Fend Reloaded to use DOSBox 0.73 for the sake of convenience?

Old 06-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #137
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

IIRC, DFRL is as close to plug and play as you get with a frontend - just point it to a game and it _should_ identify it and add it to the list of available titles.

Not that I care much for DFRL, mind you. Setting up Norton Commander inside DOSBox works well enough now, just as it did on true DOS PCs in 1990's.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #138
Lupin The Third

Hoping someone has some thoughts on this....

Installed the game to Windows 7 using Glenn's method seen here:

http://www.glennsguides.com/2008/06/...s-case-of.html

Using Dosbox 0.74.

If I leave the game in default screen size it runs fine however the intro does not run at all. Nothing, not even a logo screen. The game automatically jumps to the point where Holmes is finally playable.

If I change the screen size to fullscreen=true in the dosbox config file the game jumps to the same spot. However everything appears frozen with no mouse control or on screen movement. Ctrl+F10 doesn't work. Pressing the window key minimizes the window and everything starts running albeit now only in the smaller window.

Has anyone run into this and overcome the problem? The Dosbox Status window doesn't give any kind of error message. I'd also previously tried the game in XP on a different machine and had the same issue.
Lupin The Third is offline                         Send a private message to Lupin The Third
Old 16-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #139
Lupin The Third

Used the settings found here to get the game running fullscreen without the lockup:

http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubb.../726014/2.html

fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=1280x800
windowresolution=original
output=ddraw
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt
usescancodes=true

#

language=
machine=svga_s3
captures=capture
memsize=30

#

frameskip=0
aspect=false
scaler=hq3x

#

core=auto
cycles=auto
cycleup=1000
cycledown=1000

#

nosound=false
rate=48000
blocksize=2048
prebuffer=20

#

mpu401=intelligent
device=default
config=

#

sbtype=sb16
sbbase=220
irq=5
dma=1
hdma=5
mixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplrate=48000

#

gus=false
gusrate=22050
gusbase=240
irq1=5
irq2=5
dma1=3
dma2=3
ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

#

pcspeaker=true
pcrate=48000
tandy=auto
tandyrate=48000
disney=true

#

joysticktype=auto
timed=true
autofire=false
swap34=false
buttonwrap=true

#

serial1=dummy
serial2=dummy
serial3=disabled
serial4=disabled

#

xms=true
ems=true
umb=true
keyboardlayout=none

#

ipx=false

...however it's still missing the first 7-8 minutes of cinemas.

Also i wanted to tinker with these settings as they make the visuals look smugged (almost clay like) on my system. However I can't seem to restore the file to it's default settings. I've even deleted dosbox and reinstalled but the settings somehow remain. Any thoughts?
Lupin The Third is offline                         Send a private message to Lupin The Third
Old 16-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #140
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin The Third View Post
Also i wanted to tinker with these settings as they make the visuals look smugged (almost clay like) on my system. However I can't seem to restore the file to it's default settings. I've even deleted dosbox and reinstalled but the settings somehow remain. Any thoughts?
Start -> dosbox 0.74 -> options -> reset options

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider