Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-03-2005, 05:38 PM   #21
Game Phre|<
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin+Mar 14 2005, 02:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bobbin @ Mar 14 2005, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Guest@Mar 14 2005, 02:13 PM
I too have run into a bit of a problem, I seem to be unable to save.* I click the save button and nothing happens.
that's a bit tricky, but not difficult. just take a look at the picture:

[/b][/quote]
:blink: :Brain: That was hilarious.
Game Phre&#124;&lt; is offline                         Send a private message to Game Phre&#124;&lt;
Old 27-03-2005, 11:39 AM   #22
Zapking

I still have problems with saving!

Old 27-03-2005, 11:45 AM   #23
Zapking

I found the solution. I downloaded the game from another site. Then it worked.

Old 14-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #24
Guest_athcnv

I finally worked out how to play the game! (Maybe I shouldn't have voted to give the game a score of 1....)

1: Any time there is a number on the screen, left/right clicking on it will increase/decrease it. (I'm too used to games with arrows buttons.

2: If you start in a European port, there should be a war going on in Odessa. Your best bet is to get a second hand ship, a top-notch crew, go to Hamburg, buy 35 tons of arms, save the game, then Gun-run! Note: sometimes, you'll run into a naval vessel blockading the port, and your cargo will be confiscated (can't remember if you lose all your money as well). If this happens, reload. If this keeps on happening, put some money on the ship, and stop off in Tangiers before going to Odessa. In a year, you should have about 20000.

3: Then, I think you have to pay for info from the bars (where you go to recruit crew), to find the best routes. Annoyingly, places will only take so much stuff - the route keeps changing, so keep asking!

Old 11-05-2005, 09:35 PM   #25
athcnv
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to athcnv Send a message via MSN to athcnv

Nope, still can't work out how to play the game and win once the war in Odessa is over. Just too hard trying to buy goods and sell ALL of them at a profit.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #26
minhtuan
Forum hobbit

Wow, great tips from Athcnv. Now I understand why I always be the worst trader after a year. Simple trading is not the way. I tried London-Lagos-Capetown (Africa in general) and just barely cover the repairing expenses.
minhtuan is offline                         Send a private message to minhtuan
Old 12-06-2005, 05:22 PM   #27
Rachel

This is a rewarding game if you have the patience. I've found that the key is upgrading the hold of your ship as soon as you can afford it in order to maximise profit. Can someone give me some advice though - I have trouble paying my taxes... I keep enough money in my homeport warehouse, but it it won't automatically pay off my taxes when they're due...

Old 16-06-2005, 02:31 AM   #28
Morton

Guys, I have tried for hours to make money in this game without using the save and try to gun run method, nothing leads to me making money. Please somebody post a productive route otherwise Im afraid Ill be giving this one up (which I dont want to do, I want to have several shipping lines!)

Old 26-07-2005, 05:11 PM   #29
El_Chris

Hi Folks,

I'm remembering something like a stream map for that game - for that it makes difference whether you're sailing with or against the stream in the sea.
I've searched the internet, but couln't find something about such a map belonging to the game - do you know something about different times that it takes in average to sail from A->B vs. B->A?

Many thanks in advance,
Chris

Old 19-10-2005, 07:55 PM   #30
GunshySlycat1

I'm liking this game 3/5 There's a trainer out there for this game, but I'm not sure how to work it since both screens have to be open in the same time... Anyway, It's a good-average game, but just not my cup of tea.
GunshySlycat1 is offline                         Send a private message to GunshySlycat1