Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-04-2005, 04:54 AM   #1
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Last edited by Luchsen; 23-01-2008 at 04:09 PM.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 13-04-2005, 05:01 AM   #2
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Problem with download. Game not available for download just yet. Stay tuned.

:::time passes::

Problem resolved.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 13-04-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
Allen
Abandonia nerd

Oh, Wow! I remember playing this when it first came out. Reminds me of Duke Nukem 2 as well. It's very fun and very fast.
Allen is offline                         Send a private message to Allen
Old 13-04-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
bahman
Abandonia nerd

This is a cool game. In fact I was looking for this game to play it another time, but I just forget the name. Anyway you might forget the name too, but you would never forget scenes and gameplay as I didn't and that is the point. Learning the Control is the hardest part of this game, the rest is easy. I mean it is enough atractive to chalenge you. As it was said before you have to be pretty fast and gain specific skills to be able to finish this game and this require a bit of patience and time. I remeber that my friends were wondering about my skills when I was playing in front of them.
bahman is offline                         Send a private message to bahman
Old 14-04-2005, 10:18 AM   #5
Jota Be

LOL i am surprised to see this game here k: Being Spanish, i know this game quite well The first Spanish game to make it to console (Genesis)! (and i think that the only one till Commandos).

Very fun to play, and very hard (many jumps are near impossible, since one of the handicaps the player has to deal with is that the jump is very weak compared to most of games of that time). The game is rewarding by itself k:, and thankfully so, because... there is no ending!!! just a weird screen with the char raising his arm :not_ok:

Old 19-11-2005, 11:28 PM   #6
AA

this game is not as hard as the review claims it to be... well it is, but only until you BUY AN AXE :Titan: k:

shooting at a prolific rate before jumpi ng is also a good idea. And again, this is even easier to do with an
AXE. :Titan:

Want to get rid of the parasitic wide-mouthed bats at leve 4 & 5? Slaughter them with AXES! :Titan:

Want to kill the end of level boss? THROW AXES persistently at him and his minions. :Titan:

AXES ROCK! and so does Risky Woods!

Thanks to abandonia, I can finally run this game... the copy I got from "Home of the Underdogs" was corrupt. You guys rock!

Old 19-11-2005, 11:37 PM   #7
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by AA@Nov 19 2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks to abandonia, I can finally run this game... the copy I got from "Home of the Underdogs" was corrupt. You guys rock!
Erm, yes, we do, but you do realise you won't be able to download it because it's ESA-protected and we lost our permission to host it, don't you?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 19-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #8
AA

oops I posted rather prematurely.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #9
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Risky Woods is not protected anymore and so downloadable again.
Old 27-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
keropi_666

I did not know HOW to enable sb sounds and MT32 midi in the game (it looks for such devices in startup) so I had a look at risky.exe .... if you start it with the switch /c (for ex. c:\risky\risky /c ) it will bring up the setup screen where you can change the keys and sound devices. It will also display the in-games keys for sounds on/off , details and quit.
keropi_666 is offline                         Send a private message to keropi_666