Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Wink

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

May 09th will see the release of the newest album by the biggest underground band in the world (or the smallest mainstream-act), TURBONEGRO!

For all that found "Scandinavian Leather" a little dissappointing ("Apocalypse Dudes" 1.2.), you're up for a surprise. The new album gets even deeper into the 70s, especially early Alice Cooper shines through all the time (and goes surprisingly good along with TRBNGR's "Deathpunk"), just check out the last 2 Minutes of "City of Satan" or songs like "Stay Free", "Hot Stuff/Hot Sh*t" or "Babylon Forever" (Hello, Hooray! )... Plus there's an absolute novelty: A HETEROSEXUAL lovesong ("If You See Kaye" )... Man, I just LOVE that f*cking CD :wub:

So there's only ONE thing to do for anyone who dares to call himself a "punkrocker": Go out and BUY that sh*t!!! I know I will!
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 07-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #2
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Smile

To make it easier for you ignorant lot to appreciate THE greatest Punkrock-band this world (and related parallel-worlds) has ever seen, here are some links with samples to listen to...

a$$ Cobra (Early work)
Apocalypse Dudes (Their undisputed masterpiece)
Scandinavian Leather (surprisingly dissappointing "Apocalypse Dudes 1.2", but still better than most of the stuff that calls itself "punkrock" nowadays)

If it's ANY help to the ignorant youth out there: TRBNGR is one of Bam Magera's favourite bands... surprisingly, even HE seems to have at least some clue... <_<
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 08-05-2005, 08:48 AM   #3
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I'm sorry, but 70's music was mostly just unfiltered shite. Prog-rock is the spawn of the devil and not in a heavy-metal way. I probably wouldn't buy that album if it goes deeper into the 70's.

Also Bam Magera is just a spoilt rich boy who thought that pissing everyone off with his friends was hilarious. No ta, matey. Gah. Ugh. He actually helped those pretentious HIM cads. Also My Chemical Romance are crap, if anyone cares about my opinion.

Sorry for that rant-fest.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 08-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Prog-Rock? DID you take the "hardship" to actually follow the provided links??? :crazy:

BTW: When did Punkrock emerge? Hint: It was AFTER 1969 and BEFORE 1980... :whistle:
Old 13-05-2005, 12:42 PM   #5
lethe
Game freak

Huh... Jolly punk rock, not really my thing. Good drums, but melodies are too sorted into the style, rather boring. And they really should put some more effort on lyrics, it looks like the regular badass wannabe.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe