Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #61
SenorOcho

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SailorCallie @ Jul 19 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]244000[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I did that, and now every time I want to save, they ask me for a save disk. I'd like to know what's up with that?
[/b]
The game is trying to save in "whatever.dsn\save\". Make sure you have a "SAVE" directory in the .dsn folder, and it should work. Some modules have done that for you already, some haven't.
SenorOcho is offline                         Send a private message to SenorOcho
Old 19-07-2006, 07:39 PM   #62
SailorCallie
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to SailorCallie Send a message via Skype™ to SailorCallie
Cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SenorOcho @ Jul 19 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]244020[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SailorCallie @ Jul 19 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]244000[/snapback]
<div class='quotemain'>
Thanks! Did the trick.
SailorCallie is offline                         Send a private message to SailorCallie
Old 19-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #63
SailorCallie
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to SailorCallie Send a message via Skype™ to SailorCallie
Thumbs up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Shoelip_* @ Jul 17 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]243590[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Interesting, I just registered here and I can only post (Only even view the entire forums) when I'm not logged in, LOL.

Ah well, I'm not going to add to the comments on the review, but I will say that I looked all over for the patch and finally found it on Filefront. Here

Also, anyone got the copy protection codes for it, they're in the same style and the Krynn games. Asking for a word from the Manual on a specific page and line.
[/b]
IIRC, my downloaded copy (from this website, that is) had the copy protection disabled. Strange, huh.
SailorCallie is offline                         Send a private message to SailorCallie
Old 19-07-2006, 10:30 PM   #64
Guest_Shoelip_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ Jul 19 2006, 05:06 PM) [snapback]243994[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
maybe your email address is wrong?[/b]
Nope, that's not it.

Old 19-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #65
SenorOcho

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SailorCallie @ Jul 19 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]244033[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
IIRC, my downloaded copy (from this website, that is) had the copy protection disabled. Strange, huh.
[/b]
Updating to 1.2 causes the copy protection to return, since it replaces CKIT.EXE.
SenorOcho is offline                         Send a private message to SenorOcho
Old 20-07-2006, 03:16 AM   #66

If anyone is interested, the UA community is still alive and kicking. You can find the group discussion board at:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ua/

Some of the members of this group have "hacked" the original FRUA to create an Oriental environment and also added new features to the game! It's really looks great! Stop by the site and ask any questions you like, it's a very friendly group of people.

I noticed that the http://frua.rosedragon.org/ site was already posted here. This is the main repository for art, hacks, utilities, FRUA Newsletters and, of course, lots and lots of modules for the game.

I'm also disapointed to see the rating given to the game. There have been some really great modules AND some really great artwork done for this construction set. I have been playing FRUA since it came out in 1993 and I still like the game.

I also have a web site that is a collection of art, designed to help module builders get the right art for their game:

http://frua.corhub.com

Old 20-07-2006, 06:01 AM   #67
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

hey dude, your site is really cool, I spent a few hours looking through your art archives there, trying to remember where it all comes from :-)
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 20-07-2006, 06:24 AM   #68
JudgeDeadd
Super Freak

I'm a member of the UA community and even made some designs.

Quote:
Amazingly this game was allowing players to create MODules all the way back in 1993. I did not explore that part of the program for this review, so I will not speak of it. [/b]
:bleh: LOL, it's like saying "I have played some badly-made Doom levels, therefore all Doom WAD editors are bad."

Also, did someone already send a review? If no one did, I could write one...
Old 20-07-2006, 12:46 PM   #69
GrimFang4
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to GrimFang4

Hey Jacek,
I'm still working on a new review for this. I'll make sure I do justice to the game.

Also, I posted a small section of the copy-protection codes if you need them, but if you guys don't want the copy-protection at all, I found a place that tells you what memory addresses to change with a hex editor. Try Googling "Unlimited Adventures" cheat.

... EDIT: All done that review! Hopefully it will be up soon.
Old 21-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #70
GameBringer
Hi all... I do not want to restart a war in this thread, but at least let me say I'm sorry that my review was not up to par. However, if one reviews Neverwinter Nights or Dungeon Seige, one reviews the game that it is, and not all the modules that CAN be or HAVE been made for it.

This is a GAME site, not a tool site, so I reviewed the game part of FRUA only. When I was trapsing around the town with my "party" of only two characters - I had no idea I needed 10 to 20 folks - and I ran into a 20 Ogres, Hill Giants, etc. all high levels - when I had just started the game it didn't seem like fun to me!

As I've said, my review can be replaced and it won't hurt my feelings. I'm just trying to contribute to the site and be a team player like many of the others. Hope you can cut me some slack here and there!