Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Metal: Needed or Unneeded?
Slayer 5 4.81%
Metallica 21 20.19%
Gwar 2 1.92%
Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Black Label Society 8 7.69%
Anthrax 1 0.96%
Slipknot 4 3.85%
Other (please specify) 63 60.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #21
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Ah yes the first album was actually scheduled to be called that Metal up your a**, but the record label didn't like the idea of such a violent name so they told the band to change it, that's when Cliff Burton came up with the name Kill Em All for the title of the first album.

Oh and of course Maiden is good, they haven't sold 70-80 million albums for nothing.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 11-08-2006, 07:22 PM   #22
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

Hay :tai: if ya want a really great under-rated metal band check out Devil Driver, it's got Dez Faffara from Coal Chamber because they broke up :tai:

Heres there Ecard i know not everyone here has DSL but it shouldn't take too long.
Listen to Hold Back the Day, the video for it is good if you find it on you tube. The vid is a tribute to Black Sabbath's video Paranoid
http://flashenhanced.com/devildriver...evildriver.htm

Quote:
Oh, and if anybody watching this topic ever gets the chance to obtain "Sun Doesn't Rise" by Mushroomhead, take it!. It isn't very intense stuff, but the total greatness of the vocalized rhythym in the song makes up for it![/b]
I got both there cd's and the DVD
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 11-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #23
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Bleh devildriver, I saw them on tour when they were with Dark Tranquality and Opeth, honestly boring stuff, sounds like so many other screaming bands out there, only good thing they did was got the crowd going by asking for a circle pit. They replaced The Devin Townsend Band which really made me mad :tai: , cause would have rather seen Devin than them any day of the week.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 11-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #24
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Hey, thanks guys! I personally would have fought the label to keep the "Metal Up Your ***" title, but Kill 'Em All works too.

Shunk, I envy you so much right now...

I've heard one Devildriver song a long time ago, can't remember anything about it, but I liked it. It's a pity Coal Chamber broke up, "Loco" was awesome...
Old 12-08-2006, 06:30 PM   #25
Cloudy
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DeathDude @ Aug 11 2006, 03:05 PM) [snapback]247949[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Opeth is a cool band, especially their latest Ghost Reveries, but for me at least they are starting to get really samey, and really not too much of a fan of their longer songs, don't like the way they pull it off, if want to listen to a long song, Dream Theater is my fav (A Change Of Seasons 24 mins and all good)

Lot of good albums coming out the end of this month and next month, Iron Maidens new one A matter of life and death, Dream Theater's live album Score, Blind Guardians A Twist in the Mist in September, Rhapsody of Fire's in September as well, and the Gigantour DVD. Very Sweet.
[/b]
Opeth are one of my favourite bands, ever I love their longer songs especially, and I'm hopefully going to see them for the second time later this year.

Dream Theater are.. okay. I find tem a bit tedious sometimes. But their last 2 albums in particular are excellent, especially Train of Thought. That's my fave DT album.

Just got my Anathema and SikTh tickets today though, looking forward to seeing them. Especially Anathema, I saw them supporting Porcupine Tree last year and they were amazing. All their albums are incredible too.
Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy
Old 13-08-2006, 01:57 AM   #26
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

I just remembered another band, Disturbed, which i thought everyone would know, what with all that Down with the Sickness craziness. Course my favourite song of theirs would definately have to be Ten Thousand Fists. Anyone else like Disturbed?
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 13-08-2006, 04:02 AM   #27
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

Disturbed is awsome man i got back about a week ago from ozzfest and they were there. They are so much better live

heres a pic of them you can barely make out the 3rd album cover as the curtain behind them

Disturbed Live@Bristow VA
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 13-08-2006, 05:38 AM   #28
carpetsmoker
Forum hobbit

Best metal band is probably Dream theater...
Rush is better, but not metal...
carpetsmoker is offline                         Send a private message to carpetsmoker
Old 13-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #29
Iowa
Game Wizzard

I've only heard "Down With the Sickness" from Disturbed, but I really like that song.

Another kick-behind metal band is Fear Factory!
Old 13-08-2006, 11:15 AM   #30
Cloudy
Game freak

I've only heard a couple of Disturbed tracks but they didn't really sound like my kinda thing.

Some of you guys seem to be into technical stuff like Dream Theater, etc. Well, if you can stand a bit (well.. a lot) of screaming and brutality, check out Necrophagist. They're a very brutal death metal band from Germany. But their songs are quite possibly more technical than even Dream Theater. Some of the guitar work is insane.

http://www.last.fm/user/ApocKing/ - there's my last.fm list thing, if anyone's interested.
Cloudy is offline                         Send a private message to Cloudy