Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Default Extras updates

I don't know how popular this opinion is going to be but I have felt that lately the new games that are being added to the site are not getting the exposure they need. The reason, in part, is because the new extras updates are pushing them off the front page in a matter of 4-5 days. I think it's great that so many people are contributing extras as they are very important but let's be honest, the site traffic and board discussion is driven more by new games than extras.

I think we can lessen the problem if we combine a single days extras updates into one news item instead of making 2-3 news items in a single day for box and manual updates. Is it possible to credit more than one contributor and create the links to the additions all in one item? Another solution could be to expand the number of front page items from 10 to 15. What does anyone else think?
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 25-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Agree.
We have solution: to make particular news "sticky". We used it only once for Abandonia Contest #5. After some time updater can remove "sticky" and news will sink.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 25-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Romano, i like that idea. That way new games could be made sticky for something like seven days and then they could filter down like everything else.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer