Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #31
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Koukai2.dat contains all of your saved games (so they're all in this single file)
I haven't tried editing it yet, so I can't help you with that, sorry...
Old 08-03-2005, 10:05 PM   #32
privateer

If you are looking to cheat, your best bet is probably to download a SNES ROM version of the game somewhere. The emulator for SNES comes with a built-in memory search function, so you can easily find where the money is stored.

Personally, though, I don't see why you'd want to cheat for cash in this game. There are so many ways to make it in the game. Maybe in the begining... But other than that, you'll need to sail around a lot anyway to build up your skills. Why not take a little cargo with you and make more than enough to cover your expenses?

Old 09-03-2005, 01:28 AM   #33
My-Q

Yes, the savegame is in koukai2.dat.. the best method is by using hex editor, but i forgot how to convert decimal to hexadecimal.. anyone can help me here?

Well, to answer privateer's question, i want to do it for "shortcut" and "speed"
I finished the game with joao once, and i just want to speed up the playing time so i don't "waste" my time trading Not that i'm against it, because i do a lot of trading early on

Anyway, thanks for the help guys k:
My-Q is offline                         Send a private message to My-Q
Old 09-03-2005, 01:42 AM   #34
goblins
Game Wizzard

Best to use a hex editor (plenty of freeware ones available that work just find) you then just need to fiddle to find the money aspect and figure out how to change (there could be worthwhile a google search to find the hex codes as well)
goblins is offline                         Send a private message to goblins
Old 09-03-2005, 07:17 AM   #35
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Hexadecimal: symbols range from 0 to F (with F being equal to decimal 15)
each position further to the left means multiplication by 16 (where in decimal it's 10)

The easiest way to convert, is to use the calculator in windows: type in your decimal figure, then click "HEX". It will immediately be converted into its hexadecimal equivalent.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:32 AM   #36
My-Q

Hey, i've got the byte to edit.. it's right next to Joao Franco (or whatever you name him), about 8 blocks between his name and a string of '64' (or 100 in decimal).

Try editing the first 4 bytes after the string of '64' to FF FF FF FF, and you'll end up with 16,777,215 gold which you can use to buy whatever you want

As for the calculator function, that's a great help another_guest Thanks k:
My-Q is offline                         Send a private message to My-Q
Old 22-03-2005, 03:38 AM   #37
Mikawa

Im sorry but does anyone have this problem that the game crashes everytime you go into a duel? I keep having this problem and its making playing some characters impossible (duel in storymode). And I end up having to keep running from pirates even when i have 6 full rigged ships. Sigh.

Old 22-03-2005, 06:06 AM   #38
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

No need to worry... Run the game using Dosbox, and it will be alright.

link to download dosbox on Abandonia

It's a very annoying problem, I've had it too, until I read on some forum that emulating EMS solved it.

And I'll throw in a hint for duelling:
The best swords in the entire world can be found in a port in India, and a port somewhere around Brazil (I'd need to play the game again to know exactly which ports): go shopping there between 2 and 2.40 am. They're really expensive (one of them costs 600000) but they're worth it.
Once I get one of those and good armor, I prefer duelling over cannon fights: it's far cheaper -no damage to your ships- and faster. I've played entire campaigns using this method, and the "worst" that ever happened was that we ran out of time a few times. But in most cases, one or two duels were enough to kill the opposing captain.
Old 24-03-2005, 02:40 AM   #39
MahwahDenizen

I have a question about dueling. I have a * class sword and * class armor. But I still cannot seem to get the hang of dueling. Does anyone have a good strategy for dueling?

Old 24-03-2005, 05:39 AM   #40
lethe
Game freak

Seems nice. Looks like I found the winner to play on my 2-day holidays starting tomorrow. k:
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe