Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-06-2006, 05:21 AM   #121
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
But "adjusting" the economy seems to imply hexediting.[/b]
Nope, it is market manipulation, its already explained.

I made a list with all special items, i f someone need it.

Quote:
How to increase ALI's Intuition and Knowledge?[/b]
Sailing, you can get ALi to get near all skills and for that the base skills (intuition, etc, etc) at top. Sailing do most of job, try to make long trips of many days to better effect. After make several sailing, you can get skills but i never managed to raise ali´s courage (needed for gunnery). Swordplay is easy coz with the crusader stuff you become unstopable but ali´s courage are very unrated.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #122
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

Yess! I got carronades for my ship.

Guess where I got it - in Bordeaux (economy 865/ industry 1000)

I come to Bordeaux, went to shipyard , invested 50000, and at REMODEL menu i checked figureheads - nothing special, but when i requested a GUNS shipbuilder says "we have something special". And I replaced my 150 canons for 150 carronades . But there was no Godess figures proposal . I tried to enter and exit REMODEL menu. and even Enter and exit shipyard - no more proposals.

How often this special proposal occur? 1 time per city or 1 time per day? does getting carronades eliminate the chance of getting Godess figures forever?

I have 7 defenseless LaReales and 1 Full-Rigged ship (101 durability, crew -220, guns 150 carronades, shots 150, food 300,water 300) and first mate with gunnery skill
I Know that to win a battle you need crew allocated to combat equal the number of cannons , quantity of shots equal the number of cannons, you need to sink pirate's flagship.

Is this one ship is enough to defeat Idin Leis?

Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi
Old 02-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #123
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

I defeated 2 fleets

1 battle fleet 4 Galleons(gush! that ship is so slow!) + 2 Carracks
1 battle fleet 4 buss +2 talettes(he got a basterd sword too)

both battles won only by duel. Crusader armor - rulezz. I play ALI and this does not helps to super mega experinced pirates.

About differences in PC and SNES.

I went to Bristol shipyard and got message "we have andvanced choice of figureheads today"
Bristol = Ecomony 865/ Industry 872, luck =99%
I got Angel figureheads which is next to Dragon.

Is this Angel(PC) equals Godess(SNES) or Angel is Less Then Godess?
Old 02-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #124
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laiocfar @ Jun 1 2006, 05:21 AM) [snapback]233581[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
But "adjusting" the economy seems to imply hexediting.[/b]
Nope, it is market manipulation, its already explained.
I made a list with all special items, i f someone need it.
[/b]
Yes, but early in the game you don't have enough money to really manipulate the market enough.

There's a manual all over the internet with all the special items, their location, price, etc. so I hope you didn't spend too much time making your list

This special proposal occurs depending on your luck (improve it by donating in the church/mosque, as explained a few posts ago by who-was-it-again)
It's certainly possible to have both goddess figureheads and carronades on the same ship. Seems like your luck wasn't enough yet.

Better allocate more crew than the number of cannons: otherwise whenever you lose men in combat, your ship's cannons won't be fully effective anymore.
Quantity of shots: you don't need 1 shot per cannon! In fact 1 shot equals 1 shot of all your cannons in battle. So about 10-15 shots per ship is usually enough.

I wouldn't bet on winning with 1 ship: sometimes it's very hard to reach the pirate's flagship, and then your fleet -or worse, your own flagship- can take heavy hits before you get there.
Get a few captains with gunnery skill, equip their ships with cannons as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ahnassi @ Jun 2 2006, 01:57 AM) [snapback]233708[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
How often this special proposal occur? 1 time per city or 1 time per day? does getting carronades eliminate the chance of getting Godess figures forever?

I know that to win a battle you need crew allocated to combat equal the number of cannons , quantity of shots equal the number of cannons, you need to sink pirate's flagship.

Is this one ship is enough to defeat Idin Leis?
[/b]
Old 03-06-2006, 01:32 AM   #125
laiocfar
NOD Commander

And other reply, the donation of 10 ten times the 10th of your money, gives you some extra luck.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:12 AM   #126
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

I found :
1)Angel precedes Godess
2)Messages at shipyard about available Godess and Angel figures are the same and in PC version are:

3)You can get Godess and Carronades for 1 visit at Shipyard:
goto Remodel menu in shipyard. Select and ENTER "Figurehead" item. If Shipbuilder says something like shown in the picture above then buy your Godess figurehead. if not then just ESCape figurehead menu and ENTER again. So pressing Enter and Esc 15 times surely gives you a Godess figurehead. The same is true for carronades.
4) Godess figurehead appears only in ports with 1000 Industry. Angel starts to appear at 850 industry.

5) Idin Leis can beaten by 1 ship. Have a ship with ~300 or more crew. Save before Battle. Go into Battle. If his ship is close enough and other enemy ship does not make you an obstacle to reach enemy flagship then you can come to his ship and call Idin Leis for duel. Basterd Sword+Crusader Armor and you are unbeatable. Best tactic is Parry-Strike.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:58 PM   #127
laiocfar
NOD Commander

If their crew is bigger, he will not duel when you challenge and normal melee combat will come. He will challenge you anyway after the melee combat in their turn.
PD: i know that you say more 300 crew, Venetian Galess got 360 crew. And 8 VG are hard to overcome.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #128
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Exactly... I'd go for 400 crew, or 500 if possible.
And don't forget to change their distribution so that for example 50-60% are assigned to combat.
Typically I try to have 100-150 on my other ships as well, maybe a little more on ships 2 and 3. And simply max. cannons on all ships. After some trading, money is not an issue.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:31 AM   #129
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(another_guest @ Jun 6 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]234714[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
And don't forget to change their distribution so that for example 50-60% are assigned to combat.
Typically I try to have 100-150 on my other ships as well, maybe a little more on ships 2 and 3. And simply max. cannons on all ships. After some trading, money is not an issue.
[/b]
I won Kahr ad-Din the italian pirate.

He have 6 VG and 2 smaller ships

I got 2 full-riggeds with 150 carronades and 300 crew on each and 6 LaReales with no guns and 30 crew on each.
I ordered all ships to Rush attack an enemy flagship. And the second full-rigged ordered to fire first.
Each of my ships at least 1 time have a 1 rush attack on the enemy flagship.
So when I got an access to the enemy Flagship Kahr ad-Din had 200 crew and I had 250.
After I won a duel he said "... I underestimated you...."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(another_guest @ Jun 6 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]234714[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
500!!! How do you feed them??? mg2:

I have 300 crew , 300 food, 300 water, 150 carronades,150 shots and rigged is full.
Ration set to 95%
Old 08-06-2006, 07:13 AM   #130
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

I feed them with supplies from the other ships. All in all I have about an 18-day range with such a fleet, that's even enough to round Africa. Of course to reach Asia I lower the number of crew, more like 250-300 on the main ship and 80-100 on each of the other ships, depending on the ships' types. I've had too often that I sailed to Asia with a very light fleet with 40 days range and wasn't able to avoid some pirates. Really painful :P