Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-02-2005, 10:42 PM   #51
Meridion

I live at Argentina, and here games not only cost, but the normal quantity of money earned by a family is very low.. So i try to save my money for games i Really like.. And for companys that really deserve the money

got Quest for Glory Anthologies
Space Quest Collection Series
Loom
Monkey Island 1
Monkey Island 2
Monkey Island 3
Quest for Glory 5
StarCraft
StarCraft Brood War
Legend Of Kyrandia 1 and 2

and a lot more.. But im not going to pay NOW for larry 1....

Meridion is offline                         Send a private message to Meridion
Old 02-02-2005, 10:45 PM   #52
xcom freak
Games Master

i don't have that problem :i bought warcraft 3 for 1 $ !!!!!!!
But now i am in canada
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 03-02-2005, 01:09 PM   #53
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I find your logic ... intriguing... but i don't expect you to understand.Growing up here gives another perspective on life, than growing up in a western country for example.
The thing is here people take warez as granted.They actually believe the games are free.I at least know that i'm doing something wrong.If i will get a job that pays well, i will buy games, as maikel said, there's nothing like holding the full package
Ditto.

Besides, believe it or not, computer piracy is one of the means of preserving some great games from slipping out of people's memory.

And in some cases, people have to get w**ez instead of originals...
Say, there was this fella who bout Diablo II in localised version. He could not return it to get his money back and the a**-quality of translation pissed him off so much that he could not bear it to play the game. He began asking in about all stores with PC games he could get to, and everytime the talk was like
-Do you have Diablo II?
-Why, sure we do.
-In English language version?
-What for?
And because of not being an adult, the local law prevents him from having any sort of bank account, so he could not order the game from Blizzard. His parents did not understand the problem either - why does he want to mail-order the game when he can get it from a store? So what was he supposed to do, huh? W**ez ws his only option of obtaining original English version.

And, I know for granted that some supermarkets who sell computers have been found out in here to install pirated versions of OS'es and other programs.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-02-2005, 01:59 PM   #54
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

LOL

It's incredible how hard for some people is to understand diversity in our growing community.

I'm coming from south-east European country, and I know what people works for and how much of savings you have to do to afford purchase of computer. At the time you spend all your money on computer, only way to play the games is to download them or get pirated versions.

Now, that I live in western world, and I have somewhat nice paid job, I'm still not baying newest games, as I believe that they are overpriced. I usually wait 6-12 months to get them at price from 10-20 us dollars. All of mine PS2 games are bought at price of 20 or less dollars and none of my consoles is moded, so all of my games for PS, PS2 and Sega Genesis are originals. I just bought Dreamcast last weekend, and this is my first console capable of playing home-burned cd's, but mainly reason I got it is to play emulators on it. My GBA SP is different story. :angel: :blink:

I am not saying that illegal software is good, nor that people should not get it, just that I understand why some people can't afford it, and they still like to play a game. By saying this we have to conclude that games are addictive same as drugs.

And as far as I know, gaming industry made a lot of people rich, but in many cases bad business decision were reason for most of company to get out of job.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 03-02-2005, 02:04 PM   #55
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Black angel+Jan 31 2005, 03:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Black angel @ Jan 31 2005, 03:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Reup@Jan 31 2005, 08:27 AM
I've seen version 7 for € 15,00 on ebay... (and WinXP from € 50).
I highly doubt these articles have been legally bought versions. It's more probably that they're also the downloaded warez. Else no one would sell a software for only 15 € that he got for around 300-400€. [/b][/quote]
About 6 years ago I bought first time trough eBay Corel Draw (can't remember version) and Office 97. Both versions were complete version and I paid 15 bucks for each at the time.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 03-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #56
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Anubis@Feb 3 2005, 02:04 PM

About 6 years ago I bought first time trough eBay Corel Draw (can't remember version) and Office 97. Both versions were complete version and I paid 15 bucks for each at the time.
from a revenue point of view, thats quite useless to the software company.
they dont get a share of that $15 for either game (LOL although the RIAA tried to get royalties payed on used cd's LOL)
it wouldnt have made any difference to their finances if you warezed those 2 programs, or nowadays, used something like openoffice or abiword and some free paint program like the gimp or an old version of paintshop pro from a magazine cd
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 03-02-2005, 02:55 PM   #57
Dream
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Dream

I find it funny how people debate about how horrible warez are while downloading them. Abandonware is warez. And when you download games, you download communism.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:12 PM   #58
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
Originally posted by Dream Posted on Feb 3 2005@ 02:55 PM
I find it funny how people debate about how horrible warez are while downloading them. Abandonware is warez. And when you download games, you download communism.
:roflol:

Sorry, but trying to say that downloading games (or anything else on the internet for that matter, I don't see the difference as long as it's free) is the same as communist is so funny, you just made my day.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:48 PM   #59
quatroking
[BANNED]

I'am still downloading Jazz Jackrabbit 3d Demo with Emule...
(hey, this topic is named "warez" so i can speak about Warez right?)
quatroking is offline                         Send a private message to quatroking
Old 03-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #60
mouse31e
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by xoopx+Feb 3 2005, 02:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xoopx @ Feb 3 2005, 02:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anubis@Feb 3 2005, 02:04 PM

from a revenue point of view, thats quite useless to the software company.
they dont get a share of that $15 for either game (LOL although the RIAA tried to get royalties payed on used cd's LOL)
it wouldnt have made any difference to their finances if you warezed those 2 programs, or nowadays, used something like openoffice or abiword and some free paint program like the gimp or an old version of paintshop pro from a magazine cd [/b][/quote]
Actually it makes a huge difference to the software companies.

If someone owns a copy of a program and makes it available as warez then a huge number of illegal copies are released into circulation and the companies sales will drop dramatically.

If someone resells their copy then the number of copies in circulation remains the same and the majority of people will continue to buy the software new, generating money for the developers!
mouse31e is offline                         Send a private message to mouse31e