Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-02-2006, 01:31 AM   #1
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

So I finally got my DC back, and someone gave me a copy of Shenmue. I'm on day 4 and almost addicted, which is weird, because by all rights I should not have liked this game. Terrible voice acting, the only real point being to go talk to people and then go talk to someone else, but somewhere between the ingame Arcade and the atmosphere, it just took hold of me. Anyone else gone through it?
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 10-02-2006, 02:00 AM   #2
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I never purchased it. I've read that dialogs are way to long and whole story is confusing, so I did not bother to try it.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 10-02-2006, 02:02 AM   #3
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

It's like Animal Crossing if it took place in the late 80's in a run down urban environment.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 10-02-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantMidgit@Feb 10 2006, 02:31 AM
So I finally got my DC back, and someone gave me a copy of Shenmue.
Lucky you!
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 10-02-2006, 09:19 AM   #5
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

DreamCast is awailable here for 20 bucks.

Nice thing about it is that you don't have to mod the console to play emulators (there is ScummVM also available for it) or to make backup copy of the CDs. There are some things that you should know how to do, but it is very simple.

I'm looking for keyboard and mouse of DC.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 12-02-2006, 05:18 AM   #6
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Well, I'm on third disk and completely enthralled. I'll be sad when it's over. ...good thing the disk refuses to be read right now, only prolonging my anticipation for the inevitable conclusion. Totally awesome, that built in "It won't godamn work" feature they have to enhance gameplay.
Old 13-02-2006, 04:54 AM   #7
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

On the last few days of the game. It is incredible. The whole thing just builds up and now all the action is occuring. 70 man Bruce Lee style gang fight? Totally in there. Hunting down opium dealers at the local harbour? Yep. Racing down the highway on a motorbike to save a hostage before the clock strikes 3:30 am? Ah yea. Chasing thugs down for information in a lengthy QTE with multiple branching paths and conclusions? Yep. Actually spending most of your day having to do the job you get hired for? Awesome. Although, I feel like I should really go through it again, as I missed out on alot of stuff (judging by how empty my ingame notebook is) and I really don't think I trained enough to take on the finale battles (I didn't really realize the importance of practising your kung fu until about halfway through the 2nd disk).