Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
The Dark Bunny

I've got about 25 games at their respective download pages, waiting to click the download link for each. Since Firefox doesn't do well with more than two files downloading simultaneously, I've been downloading them one at a time, waiting a minute or two between transfers. After the fifth game or so, the links just... quit. I can click on the download link as many times as I want, and all I'll get is an endless 'waiting on abandonia.com' message from Firefox. Is it telling me I've hit my limit, or is there a legitimate problem with the database today?
The Dark Bunny is offline                         Send a private message to The Dark Bunny
Old 10-02-2005, 08:16 PM   #2
FreeFreddy

Just download only one game at a time, and don't place them in a row, else I think the anti-leeching protection comes into effect then.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:33 PM   #3
The Dark Bunny

Oddly enough, it seems to work just fine from IE.
The Dark Bunny is offline                         Send a private message to The Dark Bunny
Old 10-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
Black angel
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to Black angel Send a message via AIM to Black angel Send a message via MSN to Black angel Send a message via Yahoo to Black angel

You can't download more than one time on IE, too
Black angel is offline                         Send a private message to Black angel
Old 10-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to Braindead Send a message via MSN to Braindead

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dark Bunny@Feb 10 2005, 07:38 PM
I've got about 25 games at their respective download pages, waiting to click the download link for each. Since Firefox doesn't do well with more than two files downloading simultaneously, I've been downloading them one at a time, waiting a minute or two between transfers. After the fifth game or so, the links just... quit. I can click on the download link as many times as I want, and all I'll get is an endless 'waiting on abandonia.com' message from Firefox. Is it telling me I've hit my limit, or is there a legitimate problem with the database today?
I believe Kosta once told there's a timeout (1 minute?) on the download-page but if it times out it should normally take you back to the game page

As a solution I can give you don't click on the first get it button until you're sure you're gonna get it straight away...
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 10-02-2005, 09:27 PM   #6
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes, that is right. A new code is generated every 5 minutes for the download window. It is checked every time someone clicks the download link, and if 5 minutes have passed, you won't be able to download. I made this protection so that people can't direct link to the download page.
Anyhow, just keep the actual game pages open, and then when you are ready to download, click get it, then download, and it will work fine

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 11-02-2005, 12:55 AM   #7
The Dark Bunny

That's actually what I did, and it finally started working again in Firefox about an hour ago.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:00 PM   #8
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to Braindead Send a message via MSN to Braindead

k:
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Closed Thread