Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
Guillaume777

The game introduction is alright, however after the first dream the screen stays black and freeze ...

I tried both Abandonia and Underdogs versions of Darkseed, both have same bug...

I tried making the cd letter in CDLETTER to the letter of the mounted drive, that has no effect...
I tried removing write protection on everything, that fixes another bug but I still can't run the game past the introduction...

Please help me I so want to play Dark Seed !
Guillaume777 is offline                         Send a private message to Guillaume777
Old 29-10-2006, 07:51 AM   #2
Data
retired

according to review you have press enter a few times and be patient.
Old 30-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Darkseed is a very bugged game.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
Guillaume777

QUOTE(Data @ Oct 29 2006, 08:51 AM) [snapback]264116[/snapback]
Quote:
according to review you have press enter a few times and be patient.
[/b]
I waited a good 10 minutes and nothing happened. Also, I noticed the title bar of DosBox shows "Program : START" for the introduction, and then when it freeze the title bar shows "Program : DosBox". Seems like Darkseed is stopped, or that it called another program that doesn't exists...
Guillaume777 is offline                         Send a private message to Guillaume777
Old 05-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
Guillaume777

Ok it seems like I was running the wrong program : start.exe instead of ds.bat <_< ... I guess I was silly enough to think that to start the game you had to run start.exe :blink:

Anyway, the problem seems to be related to TOS.exe now... if I run it with DosBox, all it shows is wierd colored lines... otherwise if I run it from Windows the colors are ok but the game crashes ( probably because of sound ). This is a bit strange how TOS.exe seems to run better on windows XP then DosBox...
Old 07-11-2006, 07:58 AM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Hrmph.

Then let's move on to using the mallet... no, not really, but larger caliber arguments, anyway.
Try Virtual PC 2004 coupled with DOS. Any version you can get - 6, 7 or even FreeDos should do the trick.
Virtual PC 2K4 download from Microsoft.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-11-2014, 01:23 AM   #7
Unregistered1040213
Angry THIS GAME REFUSES TO WORK

I am having the same problem. I have tried on my original Windows 98 computer, My Regular computer running DOSBox. I have tried the original-on-disc game. I have downloaded every version of the game I could find. I have tried on multiple computers. I have done the Enter trick. The person who made this game wanted no one to play it. It's stupid. The game doesn't work. And for those of you who have got it to work. You are literally the luckiest people I have ever met. SOMEONE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

Old 09-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #8
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Checked.

Abandonia version, one test with official DOSBox 0.74, second with Ykwong build.

Default (3000) cycles, Sound Blaster and Adlib was selected consequently, just in case. And mouse of course.

After intro, game starts TOS.EXE, and everything appears in several seconds.

(Actually, direct TOS.EXE start works the same, only without intro).

Tried direct start (drag-n-drop file on DOSBox), tried "proper" one (mounting games, cd darkseed, ds). No difference.

Tried insane amount of cycles (everything became much smoother, but otherwise works right).

*shrugs* Seems, I am doing something wrong.

What's the problem, exactly?