Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-01-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
taikara
Abandonia Homie

Please don't flame me!

I saw this as an old topic which was locked, and I have a different but relevant suggestion, which is actually directed towards the users rather than the mods.

I've noticed that we have a few people posting in the new pinned writing topic in the Art forum. I love to write, and I love to read other people's writing. However, having a few people post their writings in one topic makes it very hard to digest, and hard to reply.

What I propose: Users who want to post their writing should probably do so in the same format as users who post their art. Open your own topic and title it "So-and-So's Fiction" or some such like it, and then post your writing.

Please don't reply arguing that there should be a forum dedicated to writing. The answer is no (for now), and that's why the previous topic was locked. The only way to get a special forum for writing is to prove that there's enough of a demand for such a thing. So if you want a special forum, post your writing in the art forum.

I only suggest that people open their own topics because it's just confusing to read a whole bunch of different styles in one topic, and that way, it will also be a lot easier to post comments directed towards specific writers.

P.S. - I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this. I didn't see a forum description for suggestions for users, and I thought this would be the most relevant place to post. Please move it to the correct forum if this is the wrong place, thanks.

taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 24-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #2
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I think it's a great idea!
I was just thinking the same thing
It's really hard to comment on a single story if there are many others in the same thread :blink:
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 24-01-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

And for you:

You`re absolute in the right topic k:
Old 24-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #4
Maikel
Abandonia Homie

You won't get flamed. People can make special threads about their stories. All we do is store them in the writing sticky thread so they won't be lost once they're going to page 2 so to say
Maikel is offline                         Send a private message to Maikel
Old 24-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #5
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

As the one who should keep the Art thread tidied, this is my point of view:

I completely agree that users who intend to have their own writing gallery should open it.
Quote:
Originally posted by TheVoid Jan 24 2005 at 2:48 PM
THIS is the place to post their stories, unless they have more than one and want to start a personal writing gallery....
But 'till now I've seen only one-story topics, so I decided to put them all in one, pinned-by-Maikel topic created for the purpose.

If people are serious about their intention and want to post more of their work, they just have to create their personal galleries. The purpose of the Abandonia Writing Society thread is to store one-post works et similia.

If a member has posted his works in the AWS and wants to open a whole gallery, he just has to copy-paste the post (or not, since I think he should have it in pc already) and I'll delete it from the AWS. Clear enough?

This said, by all means open galleries and post often
k:
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 24-01-2005, 10:31 PM   #6
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Maybe users can post writings and pictures in the same thread! "So-and-So's Portfolio" or something similar! k:
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero