Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-11-2017, 11:33 PM   #101
Nilex
Forum hobbit

Thumbs up I'm done

Decade old playthrough... finally completed

Has to be top 3 puzzler I've ever played (SubTerra easily holds nr.1 spot). Took me whole nine days for last 28 levels, including the time needed to re-familiarize myself with the game mechanic, surpassing even my most optimistic expectations. Pleased with how I swept the floor with my younger self, lol.

Shoutout to level 68 (At the dentist) author, the extreme out-of-the-box logic needed to solve it is off the charts. So rewarding to figure that on your own.
Out of all final 28 levels the only one I've solved in one try was... wait for it... the last one! Took solid two hours but I made it without errors. Level is straight-forward if you take a few minutes to examine the paths as each crossroad in advance.
Most tries I've had on level 59 (Catching a cold ?) mostly because unfamiliar with new mechanic involved and then miss-key presses invoked by lack of patience with certain forced and slow sequences.
Most tedious level to start over: 72 by far. Made me get little physical with my shitty laptop, something that hasn't happened in years.

Some easier levels I encountered, providing nice calm periods of catching my breath and getting sense of progression:
50 - London Bridge is AAhhh...
57 - Poker face
58 - Open the door with...
63 - Look through the windows (also one try)
65 - It's a frog's life for me (the only level I where I could play the whole solution in my head, still fucked it once)
69 - Call a club a club (last easier level)

To finally conclude... the game got even better in last few levels since my last post. If the devs themselves hadn't explained the game's history I'd think it was made my some very clever think-tank (a la Mossad's top filter tool). It's that good. So proud and relieved to finally put a completion check-mark on this game, after ten years no less
Nilex is offline                         Send a private message to Nilex
Old 08-11-2017, 09:22 AM   #102
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Congrats!