Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-07-2005, 10:10 PM   #21
joelinator

alot of people from gta 3 and vice city make an appearance in san andreas
joelinator is offline                         Send a private message to joelinator
Old 26-07-2005, 11:46 AM   #22
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Jul 23 2005, 11:24 AM
I don't listen to the radio stations. If I were to listen to any it would be the talk back one's but without Lazlo it just ain't worth listening to.

And I just noticed yesterday the character from GTA 3 makes an appearance in San Andreas.
Lazlow is on the WCTR radio station, just not all the time. The radio stations on SA aren't as good as VC or GTAIII but that's because they play early 90s music, which was shockingly poor. They have made it easier to load your own music tracks onto the game though, so that's OK.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 26-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #23
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yeah I heard him asking to take over someone's show on WCTR saying he used to be a radio show host. It's a shame he didn't get to do much though. And all of my brothers songs are on the custom radio so I can't listen to that either.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 27-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #24
mika
Games Master

What I find funny is that the PS2 game God Of War has an interactive sex scene in the game and it is only rate "M" Mature (17+). I don't really mind GTA:SA being AO although it's a very stupid thing to make a huge fuss about.

BTW holyman9, I like the fact that Rockstar is pushing the industries limits. The industry should not really have limits, and people should really start to look at the ratings of games that their kids play and not complain afterwards.
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 27-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #25
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Agreed..have the parents do their job..I think the suggested rating was a nice gesture for the game industry to help out the parents and guardians..now they have to try reading them..maybe finding out about the game first...and all that.

If they did the same thing for movies as they try to do to video games we would be condemned to Disney films (and some people even want to ban those for being to explicit)

ack
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 27-07-2005, 01:57 PM   #26
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Personally I think someone would have to be demented to take such a game seriously and attempt things seen in this game in real life. And also I personally don't think anyone is really that demented, leaving me to conclude that this game and other's like it (Postal 2, oh that was hilarious) are just easy targets.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 27-07-2005, 02:21 PM   #27
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Don't you think that it may sometimes be the companies which are deliberately trying to have their games R-rated, because they know it will create publicity and get people interested? As far as I remember, the Doom games for example were particularly successful in those countries in which they were officially banned, so it might be similar for this game, actually.
One of the main target groups for computer games is teenagers, and very few teenagers seem to be interested in playing games that are rated OK for five-year-olds, so if you make your game appear too harmless, people won't buy it. If you manage to give it an air of containing questionable scenes or dealing with controversial issues, it'll give the gaming magazines something to write about. Just think about how Sierra exploited the "adult" theme of the Larry games. I know dozens of people who only played those games, because they had heard they were supposed to be "naughty", and they all have fond memories about trying to crack the "over 18" copy protection. But I don't think those games were seriously aimed at an adult audience...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 27-07-2005, 07:30 PM   #28
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by Shunk Eat Enemy@Jul 21 2005, 10:46 PM
the same thing has been said on a south park episode havell...

i hate america...
Well the motion picture made a really nice satire out of it. Where the US attacked Canada because they "were the source" of the US children's bad language....

BLAME CANADA!!!! :roflol:
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG