Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #61
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Yes, it does.

However, mounting MAX directory as a drive in DosBox is not a good idea either.
In order to work properly (without modifying maxrun.bat, at least), this game must be in a location that after mounting your virtual C drive in DosBox is seen as C:\MAX\. Ex: if you mount C:\OLDGAMES\ as your C drive, the game should be in C:\OLDGAMES\MAX\.

From what I understand, you unpacked the game to C:\MAX\ on your real hard drive (unless you unpacked it to C:\MAX\MAX\ and aren't telling us that).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-03-2007, 12:19 AM   #62

are there only 4 scenarios in the campaign mode? When I beat the fourth scenario I am just booted to the menu screen

Old 14-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #63
Rob

There should be more than 4, I'm currently on number 7. I don't know what else to suggest except that maybe you did not meet the victory conditions for level 4. Other than that, nothing comes to mind.

Old 16-03-2007, 01:06 AM   #64

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rob @ Mar 14 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]283511[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
There should be more than 4, I'm currently on number 7. I don't know what else to suggest except that maybe you did not meet the victory conditions for level 4. Other than that, nothing comes to mind.
[/b]
I eliminated the enemy, but the briefing says capture cooler in 50 turn, I assume wiping out the computer player

Old 18-03-2007, 05:38 PM   #65
Torquemada10
Forum hobbit

Arrrg! The game keeps on freesing.
Im on turn 90 and am playing against 3 computer players and the game started to freese every 10 turns or so, now the game is freesing on me every turn.
Another problem Im having is that I can´t finish campaign scenario 4, I destroyed every eco sphere but the game won´t end. I even tried to annihilate the enemy but the game won´t let me advance to the next scenario.
Torquemada10 is offline                         Send a private message to Torquemada10
Old 18-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #66
Sol

This game is win. Seriously, I love it. Coulda used more maps, or at least a map editor, but oh well.

Anyway.

Is there any way I can get the music, video, and the rest of the sound files that were removed? I can understand wanting to keep the file size down - I'm on dialup; trust me on that one - but there are those of us who'd still like to get the rest of the game.

Old 19-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #67
Raduuuz

Hi everybody,

does somebody happen to have M.A.X. 2 ?

if yes, please send me a note to [BEEEP]@gmail.com

Thank you!!!

Old 22-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #68

I reiterate.

How do I get the music and missing sound files for this game?

Old 23-03-2007, 06:44 AM   #69
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The archive on the site contains the music.

Registered forum users with a certain postquota have access to our ISO Cellar forum, where links to CD-images of abandoned games are regularly added. MAX happens to be hanging in there for last two months.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #70
Sol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Mar 23 2007, 02:44 AM) [snapback]284640[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The archive on the site contains the music.

Registered forum users with a certain postquota have access to our ISO Cellar forum, where links to CD-images of abandoned games are regularly added. MAX happens to be hanging in there for last two months.
[/b]
'kay. 20 posts to get it ain't so bad.
Sol is offline                         Send a private message to Sol