Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
dan1 el

Post Unkown RC Cars game (Windows 98)

Hello,

I used to play a long time ago a game about RC Cars on Windows 98 (it was a demo version of the full game). I wanted to play the full version of the game, but I couldn't find it on YouTube or Google.

I searched on Google for 'RC Cars', 'RC Cars games', 'List of all RC Cars games', and the only games I've found were R.C. Cars (which is now on Steam, I also liked that game, but it's not the game I am looking for. And I've found Re-Volt, which is also the wrong one, but looks a lot like the game I mean).

The cars in the game I'm looking for are small (not as big as in R.C. Cars, but the same size as in Re-Volt). What I remember from the menu was that when you clicked on something (I don't exactly remember what, but for example: Championships mode) you could choose the chasis for your car , and then you went to a garage. You could choose the body of your car (I believe only 3 body's, but that's probably because it was a demo), and then you could choose your wheels.

After that you could choose which mode you wanted to race (Bronze, Silver, Gold). Each mode had a different opponent (AI), and I'm pretty sure it was a 1v1 race.

I'm not sure that when you raced you had a overview, or you just could see the back of the car like in regular racing games.

A race I remember was on a street in the evening, with trashcans. After you won, you could win money to upgrade your car (buy new body's for example). I can't remember any other races, but maybe there was just 1 race in the demo version.

You also had a training mode I believe, were you had to drive around obstacles to train your driving skills.

I would appreciate it if anyone knows the name of the game it, or a link to a site where I can download it or purchase it.

I hope this topic is in the right section of the forum. I don't know where to put it else.

Daniel
dan1 el is offline                         Send a private message to dan1 el
Old 23-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Have you tried this list?
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/radio-control-games
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 24-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
dan1 el

No, I didn't knew about this list yet. I just checked it, but the game wasn't in that list.
Old 24-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Could be one of the Hot Wheels games. Click here for a wider selection of titles.
Old 24-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
dan1 el

The game isn't in that list either. I vaguely remember that the game might be German, or from a German developer. I doubt it since almost every game I played on Windows 98 was American or Dutch.

Then it would be the only German game I ever had/played, but I also searched for German games and didn't found anything. But maybe you know someone from Germany that knows the game that I'm talking about.
Old 25-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Maybe you should watch these videos, perhaps your game is featured there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbg5PLH5Es
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37UQ5pO88Sc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOWfaZ5o35U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRbj5j1U3e4
Old 25-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
dan1 el

No, the game isn't in those videos either. The game must be more forgotten than the games he is talking about.
Old 24-08-2020, 08:47 PM   #8
songfire
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1 el View Post
No, the game isn't in those videos either. The game must be more forgotten than the games he is talking about.

I know this is a super old necro and possibly you've found out already or maybe your not even on this earth anymore.

I've been looking everywhere for a racing game my parents PC had preinstalled when they got windows 98?

Can it be Ignition?
songfire is offline                         Send a private message to songfire
Old 05-07-2021, 01:21 PM   #9
Glendaric
Lurker

Default kind of a longshot

Cause this thread is from 2013 and you havent been active since 2019, but could it be https://www.myabandonware.com/game/3...rol-racers-dv7?

Had there was a 1v1 mode but not only, and its not german but was heavily played here as it was often in a computer bild spiele.
Glendaric is offline                         Send a private message to Glendaric