Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #111
doombug
Talking FA on 10.5.8

Hey guys! I was also trying to get Fragile to work on a older G4 PPC with osx 10.5.8. I downloaded DOSBOX and I currently have it (unpacked folder) in Applications. The game folder "fragile" is in /Users/Atli/DOSGAMES/.
I tried the previously mentioned indications of mounting and I managed to mount the game. When I have to launch the game however, I just can't do it... I know I'm doing something wrong with the drives... it is confusing for me because I have never used a Mac before and now I have it as a temporary replacement (borrowed).
Another thing to note is that the only drive I see on this Mac is named "æ" (if this helps in any way).

erm... help?

Old 01-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #112
doombug
Default FA on osx 10.5.8

Ok I managed to start it using Boxer running st.exe from the list of .exe's, but when I click "New Game" it asks for a CD.
It also manages to run very badly, stutters a lot. To make it even more interesting, when it stutters for too long and becomes non-responsive it gives me this error: "DOS/4GW Professional Error (2002): transfer stack overflow on interrupt 08h at 18:00000FE9 - bla bla bla"
Hope this helps.

Old 21-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #113
Kiardra
Default FA on Mac - Not enough memory???

Hello all.

I have recently downloaded dosbox from dosbox.com to play Fragile Allegiance (downloaded from your site). I am running .74 on OS X 10.6.8.

Although I have had it running briefly a couple of times successfully, it now claims that I do not have enough memory to play! As you know, the config files are defaulted at 16mb, which is the game's minimum requirement. I have tried increasing this value with no luck, I have also tried running the game both with and without auto mount commands in the config files. I have also tried reinstalling/downloading both dosbox and fragile allegiance with only my first attempt at running the game afterwards being successful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 21-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #114
Kiardra
Default dosbox-mac-wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombug View Post
Hey guys! I was also trying to get Fragile to work on a older G4 PPC with osx 10.5.8. I downloaded DOSBOX and I currently have it (unpacked folder) in Applications. The game folder "fragile" is in /Users/Atli/DOSGAMES/.
I tried the previously mentioned indications of mounting and I managed to mount the game. When I have to launch the game however, I just can't do it... I know I'm doing something wrong with the drives... it is confusing for me because I have never used a Mac before and now I have it as a temporary replacement (borrowed).
Another thing to note is that the only drive I see on this Mac is named "æ" (if this helps in any way).

erm... help?

Does this help? It helped me today!

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/DOSBox_and_Mac_OSX

Old 21-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #115
kiardra
Default Not to worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiardra View Post
Hello all.

I have recently downloaded dosbox from dosbox.com to play Fragile Allegiance (downloaded from your site). I am running .74 on OS X 10.6.8.

Although I have had it running briefly a couple of times successfully, it now claims that I do not have enough memory to play! As you know, the config files are defaulted at 16mb, which is the game's minimum requirement. I have tried increasing this value with no luck, I have also tried running the game both with and without auto mount commands in the config files. I have also tried reinstalling/downloading both dosbox and fragile allegiance with only my first attempt at running the game afterwards being successful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Went to the beginning of the thread, seems someone had the same problem.

Old 31-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #116
zebratangozebra
Lurker

Default Is It Possible To Just Burn This ?

I can't figure out how to mount it in Dosbox.
Can I just burn it to a CD ?
zebratangozebra is offline                         Send a private message to zebratangozebra
Old 01-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #117
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

That won't help any, since you'd still have to run the game somehow and you would not be able to change the configuration or save your progress.

My advice is that you just read the beginner's guide: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14406

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #118
Techspy
Lurker

Sry to bother. But just wondering. I checked out the link on the first page to download the game. But all I can seem to find is a link to buy it from some other site. Was the download taken off?
Techspy is offline                         Send a private message to Techspy
Old 12-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #119
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Correct.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-03-2021, 06:29 AM   #120
DaveTheMan
Forum hobbit

Tried these Cheats but they don't work

https://www.ign.com/wikis/pc-cheats/...egiance_Cheats

How can I get them to work on Dosbox?
DaveTheMan is offline                         Send a private message to DaveTheMan