Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #81
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

This game is absolutely fantastic...remake version is nothing better from this one, only thing I noticed is that it has music and this version don't(I know it's a rip )!
Str8 to favorites! :amused:

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 10-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #82
Just a Guest

Abuse really is a cool game, I got hooked into it once when I was a kid, 'bout ten years ago

Funny thing, it's 2009 already and the game predicted things quite accurately with the science related stuff, gene, cloning, etc. Haha, the only thing is that there are no hi-tech guns and illegal facilities in real life.. Or is there?

Lol

Has anyone tried multiplayer for this game?

Old 23-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #83
patryckslasher
Also Known As patryckpo

Send a message via MSN to patryckslasher

This game has multiplayer mode??
patryckslasher is offline                         Send a private message to patryckslasher
Old 16-04-2009, 04:35 AM   #84
Aarontu

Whoever took those screenshots had the brightness WAY up! (way to ruin the mood!)

I remember spending hours making different levels for this game; the WYSIWYG style editor was awesome.
Aarontu is offline                         Send a private message to Aarontu
Old 14-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #85
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

I captured a short gameplay video of this game with dosbox but for some reason the video lacks the music although I could hear it while playing. I tried different dosbox versions with same results.

Is it just me or is this a common problem?

EDIT: Abuse uses HMI for music. HMI is an alternative (and incompatible) MIDI format and DOSBox's internal video capture doesn't record MIDI. You can record raw MIDI commands with DOSBox (Ctrl+Alt+F8), works also with Abuse.

Last edited by zirkoni; 09-10-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: figured this out a long time ago...
zirkoni is offline                         Send a private message to zirkoni
Old 14-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #86
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I think there is something about DOSBox were it does not record sound at all, but I can'r remember if that was just for people talking over it or for all sounds.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 10-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #87
Lazy Lion

I love stumbling upon games I couldn´t remember but recognize when I see them... happens a lot here ^^ The atmosphere in this game is just incredible!

Very weird how every game on this page ends up with an 3.x score...

€: This game is just addictive somehow... with most games like this I´d play some levels and forget about it, but this one always draws me back to play some more

Last edited by Lazy Lion; 10-09-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Lazy Lion is offline                         Send a private message to Lazy Lion
Old 11-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #88
Lazy Lion

Sorry but PUSH!

Does anyone know where I can get the version with the real story line? This one just babbles something about ants in the beginning and that´s it... in the other one you´re an inmate fighting mutants and there are more cutscenes when you finish levels, elaborating the story. This version doesn´t seem to have any story besides the beginning text.

I found a demo of the other version here:
http://www.acid-play.com/download/abuse/

€: Okay I´ve learned that this one has the original story line(with the A.N.T. aka Aggressive Non Terrestials), but the other one is still much more interesting I think.

€²: Abuse 1.0 is the one with the Ant story and abuse 2.0 is the one with the inmate story. I´ve found 2.0 but it doesn´t seem to be for dosbox but windows and I can´t get it to run under Vista. Okay I guess the story isn´t *that* important

Last edited by Lazy Lion; 11-09-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Lazy Lion is offline                         Send a private message to Lazy Lion
Old 11-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #89
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

How about taking the demo's executable - which was built for DOS - and trying to run it with the full version's data files?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #90
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Abuse in 1280x1024 resolution

You can almost see the entire level on the screen at once. The game was meant to be played at 320x200 resolution but if you want to cheat you can use higher resolutions (helps finding secret areas, enemies can't really sneak attack you, ...).

You can select different resolutions with the -size parameter although my version of the game (2.00) can use other resolutions only in the edit mode:
Code:
abuse.exe -edit -size xres yres