Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-05-2010, 03:02 AM   #1
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Default Out West

Because im interested in Wild west theme'd stuff, i am making a sort of journal styled story about my adventures in the Mount and Blade 1866 mod! Of course since the mod is not done some stuff isn't complete and It will have to be 'adlibbed' so to speak! Also there may not be a whole lot of pictures :\ if any at all, it's boring uploading them.

Background: My Name is Austin Parker, I grew up in the Appalachian low-lands of the Eastern United States. Dad was a mountain man, and we lived off the land. I learned to hunt at a young age and how to survive on my own. When the Civil War broke out, My brother Matthew and I joined the Union Army. We fought many battles together, and made friends with a few men too, one of them was Albert Gale, a soldier in our company.

After Gettysburg, Us three discovered a crate full of thousands of dollars, much better then the 30 or so we'd be left with from the army, so we agree'd to hide it in a safe place, and go back for it after the war.

So after the war, we returned to the place we had left it, us three's, but were surprised when Gale has a group of 12 or so with him, and robbed us blind, and took the money. Matthew tried to put up a fight, and was shot, luckily, he wasn't killed, unluckily, they dragged him off! So I had trailed them west as far as i could, and learned they were heading to the Texas frontier.

My father and I had a blood price on their head now, and I knew one thing, Albert Gale and his gang had to pay. Dad gave me what little money he could spare, as did some family friends, and i set off west, with $61 dollars, some Venison, my Hawken Rifle, and old springfield rifle, and some ammo...

May 2nd 1866

Finally, this train has stopped, im outside some town called Bishops Lodge, looks decent enough, think I'll go on in, try an' find me some grub, maybe some better clothes then this union uniform, and a revolver, i need something that shoot's fast if im goona hunt down Gale and his lot!

Well, i bought a pretty nickel-plated Winchester, hold's 15 rounds, for all the money i have. $4 won't get me far, but atleast i have a fast rifle. Now i need to go find some work. A horse would be nice too, which is next on the list.

I took a walk around Bishop lodge, and found the Sheriff's office. I figure building support from the law will be needed to hunt down Gale, so I thought I'd check in there. Some crook, a Mexican named Teton Silas Murphy killed a guy and robbed the family blind and fled, and was suspected to be in Pueblo Del Cactus, wherever that was, so I took the job. Murderer's only have one thing waiting for them, and that is death. After checking my food supplies, I left Bishop's Lodge.

I noticed a little ways out, there was a band of close too 20 horsemen (deserters) following me on the desert a few pace's back, but I was moving faster then them, still, I figured it'd be best to carry on throw the night and not make camp.

Turns out Del Cactus is a ways south, across the river into Mexico, past El Rio. I could probably ford the river, but taking a boat would be faster and safer, however, I'd need money. I had sold my fur hat before leaving Bishop Lodge, and had around $14, which i assumed would be enough to take a steamer. Then again it's nothing but open desert in front of me, any trips to other places would be a waste of time...

It is apparent the large desert between Tannersville, Shady Valley, and Bishops Lodge are not well patrolled, I see groups of Ex-Confederates in the distance all the time, better keep my distance, hopefully they accept money instead of a fight!

The Trip to El Rio was easy and fast though, and by late afternoon I had crossed the river, and was on the cities edges, when I noticed a stage coach being chased by a group of Bandits in the distance!

Luckily, there were few bandits, and the battle was over quick. The Stage Coach drivers thanked me, and they gave me a few things. First of all, the handed a prisoner, a Bandito, to me, since I was going into town anyways, and they had stuff to clean up, and secondly, they let me loot the corpses of the gang. I found a nice leather coat, much better then my Union uniform, so I decided I'd sell the uniform and make some cash.

I now had around $17, and checked around, found a nice looking Starr Army Revolver, but it's $33, So im hoping I can buy it sometime after. For now Im going to Del Cactus, I wanna find that crook before he move's elsewhere.

Just outside of Cactus though, I got ambushed, by a gang of 9 looters. However, my Winchester came in handy, and I dropped them like nothing, and took the Colt's they had on them, pieces of shit, but they'd fetch me a coin when I got back to El Rio, hopefully tomorrow. I decided i'd camp outside Cactus, and go in to fetch Murphy tomorrow.

May 3rd 1866

At dawn I broke camp and rode into Cactus. I found Murphy, and Slew him, took 3 shots to do it. Aw well, that's done I now turned back to El Rio, figure I'd do the same thing, find a wanted man and hunt him down too, grow some fame in the land, and let Gale know he's in trouble!

After a chat with the Sheriff, he told me a bunch of Looters are going around El Rio, and that he'll pay me 80 cents for every band i remove. sounded fair enough for me. I also bought the Starr revolver, after getting rid of the Colts I looted. Now that I have good shooters and horses, I think I'll spend my time roaming the west, killing evil doer's. Then again, my dad used to tell me stories about the west, told me that 'Priorities change' and that in the end, I need to do whats right for my Brother, not me, but im sure ill figure all that out down the road..

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 26-05-2010, 03:10 AM   #2
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Sounds good Fubb, try and upload a couple of pictures now and then, but otherwise a nice little western you have going.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 26-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Im contemplating whether or not i wanna sound more southern too in dialogue, Oh well, ill add more stuff on later, im eating hot chocolate right now

We ate the horse.
Old 26-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

May 3rd 1866

Shoot, i musta killed some 14 men today, found a bunch of the looters in a huge gorge along the rio grande, found more on the plains south of it in an over turned caravan, and the last bit in a little grove in the desert south of El Rio, made myself $3 and 40 cents just about, still not allot, but it's a start. It was evening, so i decided I'd spend the night in Rio then head back up to Bishop's lodge the next day, maybe i'll sell the venison i got and get some dry meat while im at it. I also made about $20 selling all the crap i picked up form the looters, and have around $30 now i think, any ways, spend the night, then back across the rio!

May 4th, 1866

Talked to some fella's in the saloon last night, on said they'd seen a fella fitting Gale's description up by Cottenwood a week back, said he was alone though, gang musta broken up or something, maybe he just left them, either way, no sign of my brother. News also came in that the Mexican's declared war on the Camanche's far to the north, musta had a spat or something, though i doubt anythin'll come from the war.

with dried meat at hand, i set off across the rio back north. Theres some big bands of deserters out here, some numberin in the 40's. I spied on a group from the distance, looks like some pinkerton agents got captured by them, poor fella's. Being a pinkerton agent always sounded appealin' to me, one of the boys I had grew up with was one of them down in this country to my understanding, hell, he was probably dead by now anyways, i decided I'd ask around for him sometime, if he is alive it'd be nice to catch up with him.

Anyways, got $10 for hunting down murphy, and the sheriff of Bishop's lodge gave me another bounty, to hunt down Alex Baker, expected to be in Desperation. This was good news to me, i remember one of Gale's men was named Alex, so if I was lucky, this could be him, I set off immediately.

It was evening by the time i reached the town, and everyone was heading indoors, so i decided I'd camp the night and in morning I'd search for Baker.

May 5th 1866

Found Baker, seems he took up a job in the town working as the "water tower guy." He challenged me to a duel, and I won, took off his head in one clean shot, now i just had to return to bishop's lodge again, and collect my money. Turns out this was a different Alex, I woulda recognized him if he was in the gang, or maybe it was just a similar name? Regardless, he's dead now. I started asking around for Gale, and no one's seen him, thouhg a few have heard of him, turns out he robbed a stage coach or two out by cottenwood. Anyways, Henry Short, La Cumbre, the next target. Bounty hunting seems like a good business, easy and rewarding.

I left east for Bueno Fortuna across the endless expanse of desert, it'd probably take a day atleast to get there.

May 6th

I reached Beuno Fortuna in the evening and spent the night at the motel, and in the morning i set off for La Cumbre, which was only a few hours of riding away.

I came across a huge buffalo herd on the way. Well, hugest herd i've ever seen, of around 19 buffalo. I was tempted to hunt, but decided against it, i had to find Short, it was my job after all.

Henry was working in some field in that mudhole of a town, found him, and he tried to run, so i had to cut him down, didn't even try to fight. I was back in Bishop's Lodge by the evening

May 7th

I recalled the events of the last few days, and realized i'd spilled blood all over this desert, regardless of the fact I was doing it for a good cause, I decided I needed to button down and find Gale, he was around here somewhere, I new it. I also knew if I were Gale, i'd find a place to hide. I knew there was a forest to the north west across the rivers, with no settlements or anything, so i decided I'd try there, it was probably a good two days away.

I rode into the plains, until a town, Tull, appeared in the distance. At a glance, the town looked ruined and deserted, so I decided it would be best to avoid it entirely, I've heard stories about a ghost town in the area, only the ghosts were real, and violent, and I wasn't about to check if the rumors were real.

By evening i crossed a river and reached the fringes of the forest. Indian Canyon raiders had been following me for the better part of the day, and i figured i'd run into the forest and camp for the night.

May 8th

Lots a deer in these woods. (gotta go do homework)

We ate the horse.
Old 27-05-2010, 03:38 AM   #5
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

May 8th, 1866

With my new priorities set, i awoke to deer herds roaming the forests around me. I figured i'd kill a deer for some food, and perhaps some hides to sell off to a market, when i noticed an old cabin. I snuck near it, and watched, and saw some old feller wondering about the place, looked kind of drunk, but seemed harmless enough, so i approached him.

So this guy calls himself Buckskin Bill, been living out here forever, and wants me to fetch him deerhides and booze, screw that, I have a brother to find, and this old drunk isn't goona be any help at all. Wouldn't even give me food or nothing, so i decided i'd leave and find some food elsewhere, then head down south into mexico to see if i could find anything there. All bandits run to mexico.

On May 9th, i came upon a huge canyon, and half expected some Injun's to attack, but none came. I was in Apache territory now, and decided i'd better be careful ,cause i wouldn't wan't to anger the indians. By dusk I was a good trip west of Fort Helena, and decided to camp, though I knew it'd be dangerous in Apache country.

May 10th, 1866

At dawn i broke camp, and came upon a huge indian band, led by some guy named "Geronimo" heard the name back east, but i took no stock of it, he didn't seem very significant to me. Maybe if we met on an open battlefield it'd be different, but for now, I was fine.

I crossed the Rio near Bentons Mill, and met a group of Vigilante's on the plains, and gave them directions to some scalp hunters i'd passed earlier, waved them off and continued on my way. From here, i decided to head to Tres Piedras, because it was the closest town, but upon nearing it, I saw something terrible. Smoke.

The town had been attacked

dun duun duuuuun!

We ate the horse.

Last edited by Fubb; 27-05-2010 at 03:49 AM.