Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-01-2008, 04:22 AM   #11
Japo
Autonomous human

They didn't said that, they said that you check if your problem has already been asked or even answered before posting. And they were quite nice and understanding too, they didn't use ":mad:" like you do all the time. If you search but still don't find it's okay, that's why the mods can merge threads. Just learn how this forum works (much like any other else anyway) along the way, just be constructive and you'll always be welcome here.
Old 23-01-2008, 04:38 AM   #12
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Talking

How about I get my mod powers back, I kick some arse, then fall back again in the oubliettes of forgottenness for another 8 months?

God, that would be great!

(this is a joke Sal. )

Edit: I've written this because of:
Quote:
Wow...you guys really do speak another language one I don't quite get but..
Trying different approaches...

Last edited by Eagle of Fire; 23-01-2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Clarity.
Eagle of Fire is offline                         Send a private message to Eagle of Fire
Old 23-01-2008, 04:48 AM   #13
Japo
Autonomous human

LOL EoF

By the way I didn't mean the topic the others linked when said that this topic was duplicated, I know that the refresh problem is likely not your problem Sal. But the bug (yes it's or was a bug) was discussed in a sticky, and then on top of it someone had already started a whole thread just about it. But if you missed them (besides they were in Competitions and Blah, although accesible via search) it's okay and there's no reason to snap or let alone hold a grudge.

And if you found a bug in the search function by all then please means report it. (It works for me anyway.)
Old 23-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #14
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

About Sal and the search function: It looks like Sal and a few more registered on the forum and not the site itself. That could possibly explain why the search function doesn't work for these people. Also, if that is the reason, it could, or more certainly is, the cause of other problems they are experiencing. The Daily Quiz, however, seems to be a bug that hits everybody.

Last edited by Mighty Midget; 23-01-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Mighty Midget is offline                         Send a private message to Mighty Midget
Old 23-01-2008, 08:21 AM   #15
Sal
Game Wizzard

Unhappy Screenshot quiz

Ok you've all made your point..I understand now that I am to smile all the time. I accept that you all are excellent computer people who know infinately more than I ever will.I have tried and am still trying to figure out all this new site stuff. I like to ask questions, but I know now that this is not allowed so I won't do it on any forum again..If it will help I will go and sit in the corner with my back to the computer ...SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 23-01-2008, 08:25 AM   #16
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Sal: C'mon! They did make valid points about you searching the forums before posting. However, they were not aware of the fact that the search function didn't work for you.

As I said, if you registered on the forum (which was not intended anyone should be able to do) then that can possibly explain a few things. If this can be sorted out, I'm sure you will be experiencing fewer problems.

As for me being a computer wiz: Ha! No chance! :laugh:
Old 23-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #17
Japo
Autonomous human

Where to report bugs:
Sticky: List of Bugs
Old 23-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #18
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Ok i get the message...no more posts about bugs..just shut up and live with them..
Nobody said that, Sal. Could you post your bug reports in the "list of bugs" sticky instead of making them into new topics, please?

Quote:
By the way 5th Horseman I tried the search and guess what another bug..
Please describe what's happening, then.
If you're experiencing problems with the search function, we need to fix that ASAP.

Quote:
I like to ask questions, but I know now that this is not allowed so I won't do it on any forum again..
Asking questions is _always_ allowed, Sal. There is no guarantee you're always going to like the replies you get, though (and this happens to apply to every one out there).

Quote:
If it will help I will go and sit in the corner with my back to the computer ...SAL
You're overreacting, Sal. Please calm down and try not to take things so personally..

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman