Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That is right! We've got a brand new contest for all you good people out there. The prize for this contest will be a fun gadget that, I hope, will be worth fighting for! Its a Jeri Ellsworth's Commodore 64 joystick replica, but with a twist! It has an integrated 1Mhz ASIC CPU, 128kb of RAM and 2MB of ROM packed with around 30 Commodore64 games!

The available games include, but are not limited to: Championship Wrestling, Cyberdyne Warrior, Cybernoid, Cybernoid II, Eliminator, Excelon, Firelord, Gateway to Apshai, Impossible Mission, Impossible Mission II, Jumpman Jr., Paradroid, Pitstop, Pitstop II, Ranarama, Silicon Warrior, Speedball, Summer Games, Supercycle, Sword of Fargoal, Tower Toppler, Uridium, Winter Games, World Karate Championship A, World Karate Championship B, Zynaps, Bull-riding, Flying disc, Sumo-wrestling, Surfing.

Here's a picture of it:

It is one of the best models available out there, and the closest replica to the original that you will find. It is also highly moddable, so if the winner proves to be an enthusiast, I will also provide him/her with some specs on how to add extra features to it

IMPORTANT NOTICE!! Since this is the european edition, it is only compatible with the PAL standard. NTSC is not supported meaning the people from US won't find much use for it unless they have a PAL-compatible TV I am truly sorry about this, but I'm not responsible for the different standards accross continents. So, I will send the item to European and other PAL-compatible countries only.

In order to compete for this item, you will need to answer a set of questions that you can find below. Send your answers to me using a personal message. Please try to complete your set of answers before sending, instead of sending one by one as that will be more difficult to organize, and some answers might be misplaced. Also, take your time if you don't know the answers. Try to do some research before giving up. Any hints or comments that lead in the direction of the correct answer will be taken into account too.

Since the questions are a little more challenging this time, the deadline is 2 weeks, meaning all answers need to be submitted by 23.07.2005. 23:59 GMT+1

You can find the questions in the post below this one.

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 09-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #2
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Question 1:
This is a picture of a very famous game-character, but did you know that a real person was the model for this picture? We want to know her name, and her job at the time this painting was made.

Question 2:
In 1995 the first game of a very popular series today was launched on the market. This man had a very active role in that game. We want to know the name of the game. The name of the man, and also what he did in that game.

Question 3:
These are two of id's most accomplished game characters of all time. Apart from the fact that they are both created by the same company, what connects the two?

Question 4:
Duke Nukem must have one of the most wellknown faces in the gaming world, but who is the guy they used as a model for Duke Nukem? Please provide a picture, name and the past occupation that made the person in question famous.

Question 5::
One of the trademarks of game characters from id Software is that they will do silly stuff if you leave them alone for a while.Examples are the face of B.J. (wolfenstein 3D) who will make faces after a while. Others are known to read books, or they find other ways of passing the time.
Now, the question:
Has one of id's characters ever flaunted his/hers body? (In other words showed parts of the body some people find disturbing) If so, who did this and in what game?

That's it! Do your best and good luck k:

Old 09-07-2005, 02:50 PM   #3
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

OMG! These are hard!
How I supposed to know who is that man on the pic?
Or what was the job of the man made pic of that babe?

*sigh* I'll never win anything

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 09-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The rules don't specify you need to answer all questions. If you think they are too hard then send your complaints to Tom who compiled them The prize will be given to the person that will submit most answers. If two people submit the same amount of answers, we'll take into consideration which one was more precise and thorough, so don't be affraid to answer in details as that will be considered a plus

Old 09-07-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Phew, now I can answer like.. two.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:03 PM   #6
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Well, that's different. I though I have to answer all the questions to win anything, I like these rules k:

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 09-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #7
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

I was ableto answer all the ID questions...
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 09-07-2005, 09:33 PM   #8
McKack

You won't have to worry about any competition from me, I don't know the answer to any of these :whistle:
McKack is offline                         Send a private message to McKack
Old 09-07-2005, 10:06 PM   #9
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Well, neither do I. Jeez... :blink:
But it is a nice prize, btw k:
Old 09-07-2005, 10:20 PM   #10
McKack

Yeah I'd like that lil sexy thang but I wouldn't know where to start since the questions are so open plus this is knowledge stuff. You have to know from the pictures whats what. I'd just guess for that first one to be from some RPG, and that guy looks like any other old skool game developer
McKack is offline                         Send a private message to McKack
Closed Thread