Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
GBAuraDOS

Default Hello! Hello!

I doubt most of you heard about me before since I'm not famous at all, but I'm mostly known from places like Spore and Youtube. The reason why I'm here is because I'm looking for a few games that I played when I was young and I can't remember the name of them. This situation is common for people but I take this a bit seriously almost as if they are a part of me.

While I found most of the games I played as a child, there were two games that I failed to find and when I tried to discuss that one game that got me into finding them on another forum, people had no idea what I'm talking about (I'm not going to say what forum it is since I believe it's against the rules to link to other forums, but it's a forum dedicated to a computer from the 90's that is before Windows became popular). One of them was a complication disk full of DOS/ShareWare games and one of them is a game that I barely remember what the gameplay is like aside from the title and credit sequence.

The main reason why I want to look for them is not only I want to keep them as memories, I was planning to use them to make a series called ShareWare Treasures (for shareware related titles) and another one called PC Cabinet for CD related games from the good old 90's (I don't remember too much from that decade to be honest but don't get me wrong, the modern age is still good).

I'm not going to discuss the games here in this part of the forum since this is a place to introduce myself and not talk about games (I also screwed myself over when I'm trying to register since I always use the name 'GBAura' but I chose Hotmail and Gmail instead, so I had to add 'DOS' at the end, making the name less catchy.).

When I get the power to make a new topic on the Games Discussion, I'll talk about the games that I'm trying to find. Keep in mind that they happen to be PC games and since they are made in the 90's (to my recollection), they are more likely to be abandonware. Though I doubt I'm able to do that since I'm going away for a trip tomorrow for a week.
GBAuraDOS is offline                         Send a private message to GBAuraDOS
Old 07-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Glad to have you with us! I'm sure we'll be able to help you find what you're looking for, welcome
Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #3
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Welcome to the site, I am sure one of the Admins can see about getting the name changed if they can. Sadly you will never had the power to make a new thread in the Games Discussion forum, as it is only for the games on site. (That is unless you become an Updater on the site and then you will know what goes there anyway ) Instead if you would like to talk about this game you don't know there is Gaming Zone, feel free to make a new thread in there about it, there is also a sub forum in Requests for Unknown games if you would like to make it in there.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 08-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
GBAuraDOS

So that's where I need to go, thanks DarthHelmet. I apparently thought that the Gaming Discussion is the only place on the forum that you talk about games and I didn't understand why I'm unable to make threads until I read your post, I completely overlooked the Gaming Zone area since I never noticed it until now (guess that is what the n00b curse does to you, one can never understand what goes around in certain forums at first and somewhat goof up ).

I'm not sure I'll stay for long when I finally find these games, but I may come here occasionally and talk from time to time, at least I do have an interest in the PC world since I used the computer ever since I was little (seriously, I know how to operate, install and use programs despite my age!). I really appreciate the kind greetings here, I'll see you sometime.
GBAuraDOS is offline                         Send a private message to GBAuraDOS
Old 20-03-2012, 04:33 AM   #5
gloriashern

Nice to be the part of your community,Hope to have some good time with you guys.

Thanks
gloriashern is offline                         Send a private message to gloriashern
Old 20-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Welcome
Old 20-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Why hello person saying hello in another persons thread.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 28-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #8
iwcwatch
Lurker

Hello,every body.
iwcwatch is offline                         Send a private message to iwcwatch