Super Freak

What does the Beast Vision do?
Old 30-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #102
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jacek Dobrzyniecki@Jan 30 2005, 05:59 PM
What does the Beast Vision do?
it just makes the enemy sprites stand out/seem brighter. its basically useless.
i cant remember what the tome powerups do either, if anything. it varies with how late the version of blood is, wether some things are working or not.. like the alt fire for napalm launcher, life leech etc.
back in my blood map making days (never finished one really) it was clear there is a lot of sound/texture/item data that never made it into the finished game as such.. but you could use in user levels.
there are a lot of crazy and fun user made levels out there, somewhere.
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 30-01-2005, 06:29 PM   #103
JudgeDeadd
Super Freak

Tomes? 5 of them allows you to access a secret (secret level?)
Old 30-01-2005, 11:56 PM   #104
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jacek Dobrzyniecki@Jan 30 2005, 07:29 PM
Tomes? 5 of them allows you to access a secret (secret level?)
could be. maybe for the chapters that dont have the secret place to enable the secret level?
i dont know.. i always used the 'mario' cheat (depends on version) to manually select the secret levels anyway
Old 31-01-2005, 05:22 AM   #105
Thumbs up

Hi all: I have the game running pretty good in windows xp, there is only one problem...the resolution! every time I try to increase it, the game crashes! whats up with this? Is it a compatibility problem with xp or is there something I'm missing? (it does the same thing in Dosbox) one other thing, this game was released in 97 right!.... then why on earth did'ent they make a windows 95 version?? :blink: just curious!

Old 31-01-2005, 06:33 AM   #106
JJXB
Pi-voh

look at the guide here (its down to vesa compatability)
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 31-01-2005, 11:43 AM   #107
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jan 31 2005, 06:22 AM
Hi all: I have the game running pretty good in windows xp, there is only one problem...the resolution! every time I try to increase it, the game crashes! whats up with this? Is it a compatibility problem with xp or is there something I'm missing? (it does the same thing in Dosbox) one other thing, this game was released in 97 right!.... then why on earth did'ent they make a windows 95 version?? :blink: just curious!
you need nolfb.com

check out the site jjxb linked, then maybe my crazy running blood tips page

My Webpage

as for why it was in DOS in `97... the build engine code was for dos, and also back in those days there wasnt a lot of memory in computers (average about 8 or 16mb, maybe 32), and win95 used too much just to load itself, for there to be much empty for a high performance game. it wasnt until directx improved in speed, and 3d cards and more ram arrived that windows games that needed a lot of performance came out more often.
Old 31-01-2005, 05:40 PM   #108
Thanks a lot everyone! got the game running good at a higher resolution 640x480. :w00t:
and thanks for the explanation xoopx. The only reason I asked is because Id produced a win 95 version of doom back in 95!. It's a shame Monolith did'ent do the same for blood later on, (say for windows 98) it's such a great game!!..... would'ent it be great if they made a win xp version! :whistle:

Old 01-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #109
Bensch

I first played Blood when a friend of mine returned from America with a load of games he would never have been able to buy in Germany at his age... I was fascinated at once for I really adore Shooters and you know... it's always a thrill to play a game you're actually not allowed to And since my first computergame ever was Doom I or II (can't remember which part of it) at age 6, I needed this one =)

As a matter of fact, I'm not very concerned about how gory a game is. But somehow this game makes me sick when playing it too exzessively. I'm not quite sure if it's the monks cries, the fact that you have to kill civilians in order to proceed, the possibility to play football with a zombie's head (and that there's even an own map for it) or simply the thought of who on earth develops games like this.

Don't get me wrong - I think Blood is quite a good game (though there are way better ones, but of course it's the nostalgia-factor that counts here ), but this is definetely the most ill game I've ever played. When playing Postal I had to laugh, but when playing Blood I sometimes was horrified.

Most freaky scene was when I wanted to shoot a gargoyle who was about 5m above me in the air, the auto-aiming in the game killed the civilians who were right below the Gargoyle when I shot though my crosshair was into it's damn face. Scary :blink:

Well anyway, as I suggest there are enough mad persons ( :bleh: ) visiting Abandonia, try it out - you really should

PS: What I hated most were those crappy cut-off hands choking you... I never managed to get rid of them

PPS: Great Site k:

Old 03-02-2005, 10:02 AM   #110
ruben

very fun game, but i CANT JUMP?????
how is this possible i press the a button and nothing happens?