Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #51
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Indignus IV@Jul 26 2005, 01:11 AM
Yeah, that atari/commodore gizmo thingy is a pretty nifty gadget (probably could sell that baby on ebay for some money) but I don't really care.
You mean you wouldn't have kept it on your desk and treasured it? For shame, Indi-Windy.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 26-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #52
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Hey, I don't even know what the heck that thing is. :crazy:

Looks like it belongs in a museum

wait a minute......the science and industry museum is having an exhibit on ancient games history........I could sell it to them for a lot of money!

<runs to find answers to questions>
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 26-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #53
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Indignus IV@Jul 26 2005, 05:12 PM
Hey, I don't even know what the heck that thing is. :crazy:
Well it's a joystick. That comes from two words JOY and STICK. So if you put those two words together you see it's a STICK that brings you JOY. :bleh:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 26-07-2005, 05:52 PM   #54
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

You plug it into your tv and then you play games with it? Yeah, I have something like that. Some kind of antique atari thingy my cousin had.
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 26-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #55
omg
Games Master

there is a major difference. this thing is very cool and im considering buying one. cuz you can put your own roms on it. its kinda like a portable rom storage device with a controller. i have heard bad things about its controller from reviews tho. when are they going to bring out the spectrum version. now that would kick serios behind!
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 28-07-2005, 02:50 PM   #56
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

*looks at th prize and starts drooling*

I HAVE TO WIN!!

I have a little hard time loading those BIG pictures(Il curse my connection to the every possible hell). Can somebody zip me those pictures.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 08-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #57
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The competition is officially over! Thanks to all the people that submitted their answers! The winner will be announced tomorrow, so check back then! k:

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 08-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #58
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The decision has been made. The winner of this competition is KNJAZ!
Here is his answer:

Quote:
Answer 1:

The picture in question 1 is in fact a picture from the cover of «Roberta Williams' Laura Bow: The dagger of Amon Ra», as seen below.

The game was relesaed in 1992, and was published and developed by Sierra On-Line, Inc. At the time a person called Lisa Crabtree was working at Sierra as a desk receptionist and was asked by Roberta Williams* to pose as a model for the game cover. She actually said she found it cute when people asked her where have they seen her (Lisa) before.

Answer 2:

The game in question would have to be «Command & Conquer» (Developed by Westwood studios and published by Virgin Interactive Entertainment in 1995). And the man in the picture goes by the name of Eric Gooch. As seen in the picture below he played the role of Seth in the game animatics.

He was also one of the assistant producers of the game.
Gooch is currently employed at Insomniac Games as a visual effects artist.
You can find more info on him at www.cybergooch.com

Answer 3:

The characters in the pictures are of course B.J. Blazkowicz (from Wolfenstein 3D) and Billy Blaze (a.k.a Commander Keen). B.J's full name is William Joseph Blazkowicz while Billy's is William Joseph Blazkowicz II, and the two are in fact grandfather and grandson. Billy's surname is Blaze because his father had changed it for show biz.

Answer 4:

The person in particular is named Rowdy Roddy Piper. The resemblance between him and Duke is obvious as you can see from the pictures below.

Piper was famous for his career in WWF and has also starred in such movies as «They live» where he actually used the line «I'm here in this town to kick behind and chew bubblegum……..and I'm all out of gum» which we know Duke also uses in the game. An important fact is that Rowdy wasn't actually assigned to pose as a model but we know that the creators of Duke ripped off almost everybody and everthing so they used Rowdy's appereance in the movie «They Live» to create Duke.

Answer 5:

The only time an ID's character flaunted his body was Billy Blaze(Commander Keen) in «Commander Keen 4: Secret of the Oracle».

As you can see in the picture above, Commander Keen is 'mooning' us. Shame on you Billy. For a player to actually see this disshonorable act he would have to do the following:
1) Start a new game of Keen 4.
2) Go to the Moon Pyramid, named Pyramid of the Moons.
3) Step on a moon drawing on the floor.
4) Wait. Instead of his idle habit of reading a book, Keen will "Moon" you! Only works once per gamefile.
I would also like to congratulate Timpsi, Kon-Tiki and rudhraigh as they also got all the questions right!

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Closed Thread