Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-05-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
MrThrall

Unhappy This site is very glitchy!

ok, i like this forum... but there's some things that annoy me about this site, and i'm gonna go over them now, but I want you guys to comment (or reply, whatever it's called here) if you've ever had any of these happen to you...

1. Slow in general

I can see the occasional slowdown as this forum is really popular in the geek community, but it takes forever for the server to respond even at times when there aren't that many people on... and this is more than likely the cause for my 3rd point.

2. I cannot edit my info on the profile page...

for the location I'm trying to put "Stoney Creek" but whenever I try to save, it either gives me an error saying "server took too long to respond" or it does what I'm calling "save psyches" (I hope that works...) where it says "changes saved", but when I refresh to check, it's replaced with "N/A" ... I also tried from the settings page, but NOPE, NOTHING!

3. Database Errors! oh dear lord!

17 or so times now I've gotten an error page saying "Database error"... this is all I've got as now when I try recreating the process that caused the error, it suddenly works... help.

i will add to this as i encounter any problems in hopes that an admin sees this and knows why this is happening...

And yes, my name is Carter Nugent, not a big deal, right? it's just annoying having to censor my name in every screenshot...
also, my avatar is my Minecraft skin... it's a shoutmon.

Last edited by MrThrall; 08-05-2017 at 11:19 PM. Reason: got a screenshot of the database error screen
MrThrall is offline                         Send a private message to MrThrall
Old 09-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

We are aware :-/

Nothing we can do at the moment. The admins and staff like me you see on the forums are just volunteers publishing game pages and moderating the forums.

The website is owned and managed by a company that won't invest to improve or fix the website, just maintain it alive as a cash cow.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Wink Abandonia Reloaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
We are aware :-/

Nothing we can do at the moment. The admins and staff like me you see on the forums are just volunteers publishing game pages and moderating the forums.

The website is owned and managed by a company that won't invest to improve or fix the website, just maintain it alive as a cash cow.
I think the site would need a Reboot or be Reloaded...