Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-03-2016, 01:39 AM   #11
Rwolf

About those malware-tagged/suspect windows files: Days of the Rabbit, Martian Death Machine, Blood-feast of the Vampyr, Gateway of Evil;

what I can see is that they are compressed executables made by the 'Clickteam' development system used, which mean they will be unpacking themselves and running from memory, which is a method used by some malware to hide itself. So this method in itself is seen as suspicious behaviour by scanners, regardless of content.

The developer needs to untick compression when making the executable for this not to happen. Of course we cannot do so, since we have no source.

And no, the games don't like 64bit environment, nor XP 32bit, even if they are 32bit executables.
Possibly they could work (more than once) in a Win9x environment, but I haven't tried yet.
Rwolf is offline                         Send a private message to Rwolf
Old 29-03-2016, 09:04 AM   #12
markorvan
Lurker

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBanana View Post
I provided links to Moby Games for those titles above mentioned there, as a swathe of information is already available. Also included were games labeled Robot, Zombie10, and ZombieGrave, but I couldn't get them to run, even with d3drm.dll.
I think you should try to remove D3drm.dll and paste, new, or you can try to fix it. Perhaps it is simply didn't work properly, and must be fixed. And to do that I recommend next fixing tool: http://fix4dll.com/d3drm_dll.
markorvan is offline                         Send a private message to markorvan
Old 01-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #13
eXoDOS
putting the eXo in DOS

I'm trying to get a copy of these games for eXoDOS and TDC, however no one who has posted here that they have the games has been able to get back to me.

Would someone who has access to the games on the FTP or elsewhere please contact me.

I'd like to test the windows games for my Win3Xo collection and get the rest into exoDOS. I also suspect there is no malware, and it is simply a false positive.
eXoDOS is offline                         Send a private message to eXoDOS
Old 02-06-2016, 01:17 PM   #14
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I have full pack, eXo. I'll contact you when I'll be at home. Unfortunately, most (if not all) of this games are "first parts" of seemingly bigger series. You'll see.
---
Done. See PM.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 02-06-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre