Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-09-2015, 05:18 PM   #1
WERTA

Default Resurrection of Rebel Moon Revolution

Hello everybody!

You can recall some announces about this game published in 1997-1998 years in few game magazines. But in the end of 1998 the project was cancelled. In 2012 we managed find an unfinished demo version of Rebel Moon Revolution. In 2014 on Old-Games.Ru we started to revive this cancelled project on the “The War in Heaven” engine, so called REV Engine 0.9 (in fact – it is a Rebel Moon Revolution engine almost finished in 1999). I learnt during three months many text scripts of The War in Heaven files because ones absolutely identical to scripts of unfinished Rebel Moon Revolution files. Today we can build and set up one-level demo of new version of Rebel Moon Revolution (resurrected version). Many features was enabled or added. We made two opposite brunches in gameplay: LDF – lunar rebellion and UN – aggressors from Earth as well as it was used in The War in Heaven game (Divine team and Fallen team).

So, you can see here some screenshots
Screenshots

And some videos

Forgotten Games Bureau is for search games, not for offers. So topic moved to Offers. - Smiling Spectre
(А куда делся Вирджил?

Last edited by WERTA; 14-09-2015 at 02:11 PM.
WERTA is offline                         Send a private message to WERTA
Old 11-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

So this game was supposed to be the third installment in Rebel Moon series? Well nice job, guys
I'm not sure is Revolution appropriate for Abandonia, but some exceptions can be made + it is surely fit for Reloaded.

BTW, I think I found Rebel Moon Rising some years ago. Is the first game anywhere to be found? If somebody can obtain it then it is old-games.ru
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 11-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #3
WERTA

Hi, marko river! Great thanks for attention to this theme.
Quote:
So this game was supposed to be the third installment in Rebel Moon series?
Yes, that’s right. But instead of two previous RM-games it was planned with absolutely another gameplay - as a tactical 3D-shooter with voice recognition commands and very powerful AI. Unfortunately, AI-core was not fully finished, but 3D-animation, 8 levels and graph engine were almost completed in the game - The War in Heaven. In 2012 I find strongly unfinished demo of Rebel Moon Revolution. In 2014 I managed to launch levels from this demo on The War in Heaven engine. It’s works!

Quote:
Is the first game anywhere to be found?
Yes, off course. The first game was Rebel Moon (1995) – very similar to Rebel Moon Rising. Rebel Moon Rising was the second game in RM-series. In 2010 I and my friend Vladimir 777 (Old-Games.Ru) we ported DOS-version of Rebel Moon on the Rebel Moon Rising Windows-engine. Now you can free download it from here:
http://www.old-games.ru/game/download/3206.html
"Oбраз (cue/bin) Windows-версии с инсталлятором и аудиотреками (конвертированы из оригинальных *.WAV). Имеется возможность установки русской версии игры."
English Win-version of Rebel Moon also present there on the disc image.

In March 2015 I took an interview with Vox Day (Theodore Beale). He is producer of all Rebel Moon games (Fenris Wolf team). You can see English text of the interview under CUT-tag in the beginning of article.
http://www.old-games.ru/articles/65447.html

Thanks.
WERTA, 2015/09/11

Last edited by WERTA; 11-09-2015 at 06:12 PM.
WERTA is offline                         Send a private message to WERTA