Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-05-2005, 02:53 AM   #1
Flop
Hero Gamer

A Feast For Crows is a book I've been looking forward to for a very long time. It's the fourth book in a series of six (possibly seven) books, called A Song Of Ice And Fire, by George R. R. Martin. It has been underway for almost 8 years, but now it's finally done. I can't wait to get my hands on this, and I'm very happy indeed that vacation time is aproaching, since it's gonna be a long book (1000-1500 pages), and I know from the other books in the series that I won't be able to put it down untill I've finished it.

One of the reasons it's taken so long to write is that Martin originally started writing a book called A Dance of Dragons, which was supposed to be the fourth and start five after the end of the third book. After a couple of years he realised that the five year gap couldn't be done to his satisfaction, and so he had to start writing a new book (this one). Presumably A Dance of Dragons will be the next book, and hopefully it won't take as long to write, since he already wrote some of it.

Anyway, sorry for my rambling, but I'm simply ecstatic right now. I urge every single one of you to read these books. They are the best fantasy books I've ever read (yes, better than Tolkien!).

HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop