Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-05-2005, 07:03 PM   #1
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

What are your highest ranks in the arcades? Got a nice score in Ikaruga, DoDonPachi, Gradius, R-Type, Magician Lord or Gauntlet?

List the game, the score, credits used, and any interesting comments you might wish to include.

For example:

Metal Slug 3
1st with 847140
Utilized only 1 credit, made half through level 3. Saved every hostage and got every secret in level 1.

Hnnn.... guess I'll assume you all got low scores...
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 26-05-2005, 11:04 PM   #2
xoopx
Hero Gamer

the bar has been raised
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 27-05-2005, 12:39 AM   #3
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Ah, awesome. Thanks.

Highest confirmed score for MS3 on the site:

Highest for non-encripted version:
7,708,600 (using one life)

Jesus, I've got to get back to practising.

..at least I beat the 7th place holder with a score higher than his of 0.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 27-05-2005, 02:42 AM   #4
xoopx
Hero Gamer

the most impressive INP's to watch are the ghouls and ghosts ones. that game is crazy difficult, and those guys just laugh in it's face
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 27-05-2005, 03:48 AM   #5
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Yea, I've never been particularily good at them. Although, running through 4 or so levels as Sir. Arthur in his underpants kicks behind.

...although, I'd like too see some DoDonPachi replays, that game is crazy tough. Or Radiant Silvergun.
Old 28-05-2005, 05:29 AM   #6
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

I went to a retirement party with my date for one of her co workers and I had to play Ms Pacman the coin operated game while I was there getting bored and drinking.

a few vodka and cranberries later I had 108,000 which may not sound too amazing for you vets out there but it made me feel good to have the top score on a machine. It also pissed off the lady that owns it and plays it on a regular basis that I drove her score into the ground.

only time I ever got a high score on any game with actual players on it LOL
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 28-05-2005, 08:04 AM   #7
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

My saddest arcade moment was playing vs. DDR.

Man, even drunk I suck at that game. Good thing it was on a private machine and not in a public arcade. I beat the crap out of the guy in air hockey later though, 10 to zero, so that recovered my ego somewhat.
Old 28-05-2005, 08:13 AM   #8
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I'm terrible too at DDR, tried it with somebody like a couple of years ago, did really terrible, whoo don't want to remember that again.

Air Hockey is a fun game me and my friends play though, me and this one guy go really all out, he goes for speed, I go for presecion shots, so it ends up getting a little crazy, the puck flies off the table at least 3 times, at least. We've managed to bust a few of those tables from playing so hard LOL good times.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 28-05-2005, 08:14 AM   #9
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Yea, seems like every good party I end up at, someone has an air hockey table. Fun stuff.
Old 28-05-2005, 10:42 AM   #10
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

I try for speed over finesse with air hockey and start winning but after about 3 games I start losing because I throw my shoulder out in the psychotic air hockey games and begin to lose
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian