Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-05-2005, 06:20 PM   #11
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

To clean their rooms, basements, garages, ....

You can find all different kind of stuff on garage sales...
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 23-05-2005, 06:22 PM   #12
Triton

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios@May 23 2005, 02:18 PM
Why are they selling them so cheap?
It was an estate auction held every two weeks near where I live.

Old 23-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #13
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Lucky american.s k:
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 23-05-2005, 06:55 PM   #14
omg
Games Master

i got the speccy emulators, managed to find all the games i could remember the names off. just annoyed me to not still have the original boxes an decaying tape

got an amiga an a boxed megadrive1 LOL i try not to horde it, i want to build a Power Micro pc into a spectrum 128k box, just to piss people off. or into a megadrive2 case, thats quite a portable size, kinda stable, could be a cool vst bank i reckon, jus gotta get hunting cheap mini pc components
an get some mega drive2s while they are cheap as dirt so i dont feel guilty about gutting em.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 23-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #15
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios@May 23 2005, 01:41 PM
Lucky american.s k:
If you check eBay, you'll find out that GB people are in better luck with retro stuff then us in the states.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 23-05-2005, 07:06 PM   #16
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Maybe someday a garage sale will be made in my country, but till then there will be a long wait... :whistle:
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 23-05-2005, 07:07 PM   #17
omg
Games Master

theres a shop near me, they have in there front window most days
original nes
master systems
lynx
old game boys
the odd dream cast
amigas
sometimes a spectrum ,- they go fast though
o yah an cubes, binatones, there stock flutuates they sell weird stuff sometimes,
mb uk is better for old school retro, or we got left with all the ataris an spectrums when the great british software crash happened an sinclair gave up with using hard drives and went into old people transport production (ie the c5!!) rather than trying to hold on against the tide of microsoft
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 23-05-2005, 08:12 PM   #18
Triton

In the States (at least in New England), yard sales are not uncommon. If you drive around the backroads on a given saturday morning in the warmer months, you should have no problem finding a yard sale. The local newspapers also advertise them, so you don't have to waste gas looking for one.

There are also a good number of auctions in my area, and most are estate auctions; that is, auctions that send people out to take everything out of a person's house when they die. There are also a few others that sell food, livestock, cars, houses, and real estate. I plan on going to a field auction next Saturday; it is set up in such a way that there are several auctions going on at the same time, and you are allowed to walk between auctions and bid at different blocks.

Old 23-05-2005, 10:11 PM   #19
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

its another form of abandonware but I got an old Atari 2600 and about 120 games for about 5 dollars, Gotta love Garage Sales
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 23-05-2005, 10:17 PM   #20
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well we sell garages here in Slovenia too, but I have to keep my car outside because I can't afford a garaga :bleh:

Nah, that's the last thing we'd need over here. We have the flea markets and that's more then enough (actually too much). A guy actually offered to sell me a scane the last time (and I recognised it as my old Bear Paw I threw away just a week before - so he was rumagging in our trash ). You can get some great comic book there though k:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos