Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #11
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
I wish they wouldn't canceleed Van Burren.

The only difference between Van Burren vs. 3 and New Vegas seems to be the engine. The further used the original Fallout-perspective (with the engine of Lionheart), while the later used FPS-view and Quake-engine.
The cancelment of Van Burren seems to be the lack of avaiabality of moneymaking from the Lionheart's engine, but I bet it'd have been at least not "The Bugqueen of Games".
Quake engine? I guess I have to hand out the price for total ignorance now. Whatever, you don't like it, you don't play it. Also Van Buren did not use the Lionheart engine, it had a new fully 3D engine.

And they cancelled Van Buren because Interplay went bankrupt and they had to sell their assets, including the Fallout franchise. Thank the higher ups for being idiots with their money and driving the company into the ground. It wasn't Lionheart, it was every high budget game they put their money down on. Starfleet Academy, Klingon Academy, and that god awful Descent to Undermountain. That and maybe the fact that the CEO was falsifying tax records and cheating everybody out of their money. They actually kept the rights for a Fallout Online which they failed to deliver upon for the last 5 years.
Old 21-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #12
Kelbert
Forum hobbit

Quote:
You want to carry 15 Colt 45 or 20 Shotguns?
In games like the new fallouts and elder scrolls and stuff, i like to only carry a few things.
Sometimes if it has been ages since dumping it in a drawer, i will send my character out naked into the world and use things that are found as they are found.

this means that stuff like magic and unarmed are used more and also that you cant fall into predictable patterns behaviour that are at the core of what can make massive open world / open decision games well...

boring :c
Kelbert is offline                         Send a private message to Kelbert