Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
bukimi
Forum hobbit

Default Looking for classic "roadrunner" duel game

Hello!

I got an excellent and fast answer on my previous thread, so I thought that I may ask for something a little harder

I'm looking for an old game. (probably late 1980s) I'm sure I was playing it on my Commodore, not sure if I ever played it on PC, but there may be some later release of the game.

The game was for two players, where one player was supposed to kill another one in a specified way.
The game was on a hot-seat basis - one player had his try to hit the opponent, who was automatically walking along the canyon.
Both players were cowboys - the one that was a "target" was walking fast along the canyon loudly shooting his guns. He was represented by a very small shape of human as he was far away down the canyon. The other player was on top/edge of the canyon.

Scenery was very similar to a "Road Runner" cartoon series. (but did not look "cartoonish) - lots of rocks, canyons, no traces of civilisation. Ways of killing players were also similar - usually one player was supposed to roll a big round stone in a specified moment, or jump on a big flat stone to make it fall on the opponent. There was also a mission where player was throwing a boomerang down the canyon.

There was always only 1 try to succeed. If you pushed your stone, it had to hit the opponent. If you missed - in most cases the "tools" you used turned against you (again similar to cartoon) - pushed stone rolled back towards you, boomerang returned trying to kill you, etc.
You had a slight chance to avoid death then - usually you had to hide on a specified spot in a right time - then you lost only a turn, not a life.

In later levels, the scenery was more and more comlicated and involved rolling two stones from different sides, etc. The effects were less predictable and good timing was almost impossible.

Does anyone have any idea?
I will be grateful for any hints.
bukimi is offline                         Send a private message to bukimi