Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #71
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

I have a review and pictures done for Visions of Aftermath and Central intelligence, just gimmi a shout when you need them uploaded

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 20-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #72
bobson
Game is over

I'd like to review River Raid an Carnage.
First post updated.

Last edited by bobson; 21-07-2010 at 05:36 AM.
bobson is offline                         Send a private message to bobson
Old 21-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #73
The Coop
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to The Coop

Greetings.

Been a while, huh? Yeah. Things got busy and the reviews I was doing (LHX Attack Chopper and the Wolf 3D Mission Packs) got put aside. I honestly don't plan on picking them back up, so feel free to remove my name from those two.

However, I would like to review a game I didn't know even came to PC... R-Type. I've played the holy hell out of that game in the arcades, on the PS1 and Master System, so I'd like to claim that one.
Old 22-07-2010, 01:40 AM   #74
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It wasn't ever released for PC. I know that since I was also interested in reviewing R-Type several years ago, after I saw it works in DOS. But that was only because it has emulator of arcade machines implemented.

There are also games for certain japanese consoles that can now run on PC machines. This was also done by fans, but I'm not sure is it actually an emulation.

Either way, those are not the games that were actually released for PC, therefore they won't appear on abandonia. Just because some game can now run on PC machines doesn't qualify it for our site. Perhaps some of them can appear on Reloaded, I'm not sure, but current Abandonia policy is to host only the games that were commercially published for PC computers or very old DOS freeware games. Check it again and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that R-Type falls in either of those groups.

And welcome back. You wrote several reviews very fast and you were away for a while. Actually, I was away too, so maybe I just didn't saw you
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 22-07-2010, 03:35 AM   #75
The Coop
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to The Coop

I walked away not too long after my last review was posted, so I was gone for a good while until I made my latest few posts. But, I figured I'd come by again and see what was going on.

As for R-Type, right after I made my previous post, I saw RAGE in the folder and knew it was just emulation. I remember RAGE from back in the day when I first started messing around with arcade ROMs and such. Tried RAGE a few times with its small library before I came across MAME (remember the site mame.dk?). Didn't touch RAGE again after that.

Anyway, since R-Type is out, I'll give Stargunner a review.
Old 22-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #76
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
Anyway, since R-Type is out, I'll give Stargunner a review.
That's the reviewing spirit Anyway, I think that I had same thing, but I wasn't aware of what RAGE is, been MAME man ever since I tried arcade emulation. It was strange to me why the game runs so slow on my computer while newer games works fine. And how can game that old look like arcade version. So I checked what RAGE is and everything made sense then. Too bad there are many arcade hits that were never ported to PC, but they would probably be in CGA or EGA and much worse than the original, as arcade conversions usually were.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 23-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #77
Bejelith
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to Bejelith

I think I could try Nicky Boom & Nicky 2, if they're still open for reviewing.
Only thing I found out so far is that the company no longer considers it abandonware, so a "Buy it" link will come along.
Bejelith is offline                         Send a private message to Bejelith
Old 26-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #78
Thomme
Abandonia nerd

I'll gladly hammer out an X-wing review for you. I'm a bit of a star wars buff and have always wanted to address the inaccuracy of Lucasarts using a B-wing in the first Death Star assault, as it wasn't designed until 4 ABY.

Edit: I recently lost my windows partition, so, this may take me a while to get out. I sure as hell played this game to death in the 90's, but if I'm going to review it, I wanna play it at the time of writing. So, I'll thank you for waiting patiently for my AWESOME review.

Last edited by Thomme; 27-07-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Thomme is offline                         Send a private message to Thomme
Old 27-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #79
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejelith View Post
I think I could try Nicky Boom & Nicky 2, if they're still open for reviewing.
Only thing I found out so far is that the company no longer considers it abandonware, so a "Buy it" link will come along.
Can you please show us a link for the non-abandonware thingy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomme View Post
I'll gladly hammer out an X-wing review for you. I'm a bit of a star wars buff and have always wanted to address the inaccuracy of Lucasarts using a B-wing in the first Death Star assault, as it wasn't designed until 4 ABY.

Edit: I recently lost my windows partition, so, this may take me a while to get out. I sure as hell played this game to death in the 90's, but if I'm going to review it, I wanna play it at the time of writing. So, I'll thank you for waiting patiently for my AWESOME review.
Keep us updated, I'll add your name to the list once you'll be ready
Old 27-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #80
Bejelith
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to Bejelith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Can you please show us a link for the non-abandonware thingy?
Of course. For starters, there's an iPhone remake and another one for PC which are currently being sold. If an official remake is still being sold, I guess the same will go for the original.
Other abandonware sites mentioned it as non-abandonware as well. I sent you a pm with them.
Bejelith is offline                         Send a private message to Bejelith