Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-01-2011, 03:29 AM   #11
Arbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
The problem is in the keyboard layout, it must be "US".
yeah!! that solved the problem

Muchas gracias por responder!
Arbok is offline                         Send a private message to Arbok
Old 24-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #12
Japo
Autonomous human

De nada, buddy
Old 26-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #13
unnamed_catgirl

i remember, i played this game long ago, and once, while trying to land in libya, i saw two helicopters. iirc my radar didn't detect them. for sure, it was this game and it was helicopters, but i played it a lot that time and newer saw them before and after. i checked craft charts on this site and there are no helicopters there. have anybody seen them too?

btw thank you for the wonderful site, i haven't thought i could find the game manual and the charts anywhere

Old 28-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #14
Manouche
Lurker

I used to love that game back then.
I have tried to play it a few months ago but I had a tiny little problem, the + key didn't want to work, a tad annoying since it's the throttle

The US layout doesn't work for me. So for what is worth and if someone is having the same problem, I have just managed to make it work by switching to keyb uk in DosBox

Now that I can take off at last, bye bye
Manouche is offline                         Send a private message to Manouche
Old 11-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #15
PIMPINSON

Every button except throttle seems to work on keyboard how lame!

how do you set the keyboard to us in dos, can you be more specific as to how to load the game then change the layout back to US???

Old 12-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #16
dosraider
Dismembered.

Do you ask about dosbox or plain MsDos????

For dosbox:
If you need to alter it the command syntax is keyb xx
For US layout: keyb us
Can simply be typed at the dosbox prompt.

Layout list:
http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/KEYB

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 20-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
nighthawk86

Default disk image?

Hello good people! Longtime DOS gamer, first time poster here.

I love Nighthawk F-117 2.0, but I would very much like to have an "untouched" version of it, I've tried amazon for a physical copy but no one will ship to Europe.

So I wonder, does anyone here have floppy disk images of it? Latest version would be preferred, or maybe a CD .ISO of the powerplus version!

In return I can offer floppy disk images of Fields of Glory, ISOs of the powerplus CD versions of Colonization, Civilization, CD ISOs of Panzer General, Dawn Patrol: Head to Head, Silent Hunter, and lots more. These are from my original boxed games.

Any help at all would be deeply appreciated!

nighthawk86 is offline                         Send a private message to nighthawk86
Old 30-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #18
ShadowBlade
Abandonia nerd

Unhappy

Awesome game, but I've been having some problems with it lately. Well, one: sometimes my plane seems to crash into an invisible hill. The game just stops, the crash sound plays and then I see the death screen, telling me I crashed into a hill. It's happened three times so far, ruining missions and really putting a dent into my enjoyment of an otherwise fantastic, unique game.

There's no hill. I can see hills and mountains around the map, but none anywhere near close for me to actually crash into. In all three cases I had been flying level, at a decent speed and altitude (once I was even 600ft above the ground!).

I'm using DOSBox 0.74, and this has happened at both 10000 and 7000 cycles. Copy protection always answered right (well, I quit whenever I fail: could the game be sabotaging itself for the future?). No joystick, AdLib sound. CPU core and type both on auto setting. I haven't really tweaked the default configuration much, and have no idea what might be causing this bizarre bug. Nobody else seems to be experiencing it, as far as my googling could see.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ShadowBlade; 30-11-2012 at 04:48 AM.
ShadowBlade is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowBlade
Old 07-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #19
pb109
Lurker

Default Airdrop equipment?

In a Persian Gulf Cold War Strike mission it asks you to airdrop special equipment at an airfield. The manual says drop above 500 ft. I have tried dropping above 500; high & low speed. Under 500; high & low speed. The equipment never hits the target. How so I accomplish this drop to complete the mission???
pb109 is offline                         Send a private message to pb109
Old 15-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #20
PASMAN II

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb109 View Post
In a Persian Gulf Cold War Strike mission it asks you to airdrop special equipment at an airfield. The manual says drop above 500 ft. I have tried dropping above 500; high & low speed. Under 500; high & low speed. The equipment never hits the target. How so I accomplish this drop to complete the mission???
I have recently began playing this game again. Persian Gulf airdrop missions are hit and miss. I drop from 750 ft agl and airspeed is less than 160 mph. I am successful 50% of the time. Hope this helps!
PASMAN II is offline                         Send a private message to PASMAN II