Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #1
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

I just finished playing the demo (about half an hour) and I am very impressed.
3 good points.

1) Good graphics that are very very smooth even on my old laptop.
2) For the first time ever in a NFS game, great GUI!!!!!!
3)The cars feel great and fun to drive, plus the race modes are very good!

I can't wait for the full game to be released soon.

Have you played the game?
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 11-11-2005, 11:28 PM   #2
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes, I played the demo.
It's coming out on the 15th.
It's good from what I've seen so far.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 14-11-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
cheesegrater
Game freak

I liked the classic NFS with real sports cars like Ferrari or Porsche, not a stupid Dodge Neon or Honda Civic. The ricer trend ruined the series and EA became the Microsoft of video games.

I'm never buying an EA game in my life again.
Old 14-11-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Your choice, but, I think you might miss some good games if you stick to this.

NFSMW seems like a good solid racer, far more fluid and responsive even than the first NFS, and including updated (upgraded?) police chases.
Anyway, do what ever you want, but if I were you I would try the racing modes available in this game, you might like it.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 14-11-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

There's already a Microsoft of video games. It's called Microsoft.
Old 14-11-2005, 06:02 PM   #6
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

A demo for a new NFS?
I'll be sure to try it. I just hope it isn't one of those annoying blitz street race games again. I hated Underground.

My favorites are still the first four, with the second one being my most played, and with Road Challenge (or High Stakes, depending where you live) being my absolute favorite. Great cars, great tracks and police chases that, in my opinion, still haven't really been rivaled in a game to date.
A pity it has a crappy copy protection and crappy video card support. The copy protection makes sure you can't run your perfectly legal cd on newer drives, while the video card support is limited to older cards :tai:
Old 14-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #7
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrater@Nov 14 2005, 11:12 AM
I liked the classic NFS with real sports cars like Ferrari or Porsche, not a stupid Dodge Neon or Honda Civic. The ricer trend ruined the series and EA became the Microsoft of video games.

I'm never buying an EA game in my life again.
Well, then you'll miss out on some of the best games.
Battle For Middle Earth...
Sims 2...
All their sports and racing titles...
Which are actually fantastic you know! EA has a good track record.

I always enjoyed Porsche Unleashed the most, or perhaps Need For Speed II.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 14-11-2005, 08:51 PM   #8
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Doubler@Nov 14 2005, 08:02 PM
A demo for a new NFS?
I'll be sure to try it. I just hope it isn't one of those annoying blitz street race games again. I hated Underground.

My favorites are still the first four, with the second one being my most played, and with Road Challenge (or High Stakes, depending where you live) being my absolute favorite. Great cars, great tracks and police chases that, in my opinion, still haven't really been rivaled in a game to date.
A pity it has a crappy copy protection and crappy video card support. The copy protection makes sure you can't run your perfectly legal cd on newer drives, while the video card support is limited to older cards :tai:
The new NFSMW has far more open maps than the previous in the series.
At least from the demo.
The feeling is very different than from the underground series. I know, I never liked them very much, in fact I never bought them because of that (just the demo). I am a fan of the first NFS, but also PU and the (for some reason can't think of the names now) more open ones.
I am telling you this NFSMW is for me, much better than the underground series and reminds me of the first one, only far far more expanded.
Try the demo.

On my old laptop the game is FLUID like no other racer (perhaps as much as TOCA 2), which is very surprising for such a new game (it is not even out yet here LOL)
What I like more from the demo at least, is the types of "races" where the police is after you from the beginning. Also, I played several games online (don't usualy try that for racing games) and they were just fun to play without problems.
Old 15-11-2005, 12:17 AM   #9
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

i´m trying to finish nfs underground 1, i´m a fan of nfs :Brain:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 30-11-2005, 03:05 AM   #10
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, I got the game and it is great fun playing it. I recently defeated blacklist no10 from the campaign. I drive the Cayman S that I won from the "baron". My previous car was/is the RX-8, with a few upgrades, one hell of a car. I particularly enjoyed the milestone of evading the police for 10 min. I am so good at this that I was actualy playing with them and not avoiding them on purpose (had tosince then the pursuit would end), but as soon as I passed the 10 min, they lost me in about 30 sec. :-)

The city is big and many shortcuts and secret eh shortcuts. Lots of things to see and parts of it remind me parts of famous american cities. I have unlocked just the second part of the city (there is one more that I know of) and it is very beautiful, even though I have most effects low or disabled to have the game run great on my old laptop.

I played a few online races but with most people already using the fastest cars (with stats at about 2x of my cars) it is extremely difficult to win anything. So I will finish the campaign first before continueing online.

The only bad thing I can think of so far is the lousy control of the car at very low speeds , like 0-40mph. BUT, perhaps this is because I do not have an analogue "throttle" controller and I use the gamepad and/or keyboard.