Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #411
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Exchanging illegal copy of a game for money? That's warez.
Any attempts to do so will end in a warn increase or - if you are persistent enough - a ban for you and any wannabe sellers as well.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #412
Alex W

This game looks awesome.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:50 AM   #413
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Not only does it look awesome...it is awesome, man k: .
Old 01-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #414
Leviathan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Feb 27 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]281177[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Any attempts to do so will end in a warn increase or - if you are persistent enough - a ban for you and any wannabe sellers as well.
[/b]
:blink:

No, sorry, seems to me my english is not that good <_<

My question is... When someone downloaded the Game from this page a month ago, it was still legal, right? So... the downloaded copy is also legal, right? If that is so... is should be also legal to buy that copy, right?

No intension to buy any illegal copys here
Leviathan is offline                         Send a private message to Leviathan
Old 01-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #415
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
My question is... When someone downloaded the Game from this page a month ago, it was still legal, right?[/b]
Somewhat. Abandonware isn't exactly legal in the first place, you know.
Quote:
So... the downloaded copy is also legal, right?[/b]
No, it's not.
Quote:
If that is so... is should be also legal to buy that copy, right?[/b]
Nope, it isn't.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #416
velik_m
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leviathan @ Mar 1 2007, 04:57 PM) [snapback]281469[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Feb 27 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]281177[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
:blink:

No, sorry, seems to me my english is not that good <_<

My question is... When someone downloaded the Game from this page a month ago, it was still legal, right? So... the downloaded copy is also legal, right? If that is so... is should be also legal to buy that copy, right?

No intension to buy any illegal copys here
[/b][/quote]

No it wasn't/isn't legal, no game here on abandonia is legal to download. (see the first FAQ here: http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=faq )
Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #417
Leviathan

Ah, ok, thats all i wanna know, thx!

Good game anyway... played it years ago in a lan, was enourmos fun to battle in the map with the two castles.
Leviathan is offline                         Send a private message to Leviathan
Old 25-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #418
Runespawn

Send a message via MSN to Runespawn

Hi guys. Yet another game I'm having trouble configuring the sound. Can you help me out? I have the re-issue of the game (the one with the bloody hand on the cover, bought brand new - take THAT, copywright preachers! :bleh: ).

Whoops! Forgot to mention the problems! The sound effects when tested in setup.exe are broken and there's no music. Any correct soundcards, IRQ addresses etc?
Runespawn is offline                         Send a private message to Runespawn
Old 25-03-2007, 11:31 PM   #419
Prephax

Talking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leviathan @ Mar 2 2007, 01:32 PM) [snapback]281592[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ah, ok, thats all i wanna know, thx!

Good game anyway... played it years ago in a lan, was enourmos fun to battle in the map with the two castles.
[/b]
The multiplayer mode was the best. I only remember other game like this... the inmortal DUKE NUKEM 3D.
Prephax is offline                         Send a private message to Prephax
Old 26-03-2007, 02:59 AM   #420
Iowa
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Runespawn @ Mar 25 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]284954[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi guys. Yet another game I'm having trouble configuring the sound. Can you help me out? I have the re-issue of the game (the one with the bloody hand on the cover, bought brand new - take THAT, copywright preachers! :bleh: ).

Whoops! Forgot to mention the problems! The sound effects when tested in setup.exe are broken and there's no music. Any correct soundcards, IRQ addresses etc?
[/b]
This all depends on what you are using to run the game, for instance; are you using Windows XP/2000? If so, are you using DosBox or another type of DOS emulator?

Because from observing many (and I mean many!) past problems, people generally receive more trouble from a DOS emulator rather than a DOS shell (Windows 98, 95...you know, old stuff).

The only thing I could really tell you is that the default settings for sound cards are Sound Blaster (or 100% compatible) with port address 220 and my IRQ is 5. I dunno, it could be alot of things...but if you have those settings selected, then the sounds should work...

P.S.: Congratulations on buying a brand-new copy of Blood instead of downloading a warez torrent, you're doing Monolith a big favor .