Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #11
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Next person to spam this thread will be brain-hacked and all their memories wiped.
You have been warned.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #12
faralar
Abandonia nerd

Just out of curiosity, how many barbie fans populate abandonia?
eems like there are lots of other games that would be better suited for this site.
But I can imagne the guy who wanted to upload it is laughing his behind of right now...

faralar is offline                         Send a private message to faralar
Old 24-04-2006, 08:43 PM   #13
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Not really. I still think the game is fairly good, actually. I'm a gamer, which means I judge a game on it's quality. Barbie is actually a really nice game. It has nice graphic, good arcade sections, interesting ideas and fitting music.

And since this game is fairly rare, I thought I should share it with the rest of the gaming community.
Old 25-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #14
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

...and get in touch with his feminine side go girl!
paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos
Old 25-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #15
mikebarry
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Apr 24 2006, 12:43 PM
Not really. I still think the game is fairly good, actually. I'm a gamer, which means I judge a game on it's quality. Barbie is actually a really nice game. It has nice graphic, good arcade sections, interesting ideas and fitting music.

And since this game is fairly rare, I thought I should share it with the rest of the gaming community.
Yeah, c'mon guys. If any of you were down with game collecting, you would see why Tom put this game here. I have a few other Barbie games (not to mention other kids games like sesame street, etc) amongst my roms, simply to complete my game collection. Sure, i'm never going to play the games... but without them my game collection wouldn't be as complete. The same goes for this title and my PC collection.

Thanks Tom. k:
mikebarry is offline                         Send a private message to mikebarry
Old 26-04-2006, 06:37 AM   #16
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

ummm...but he NEVER said anything about it being uploaded as a way to COMPLETE set and why would he, that would be daft, who is ever going to get near having complete sets of pc releases the same way they do have for other systems such as super nintendo, the pc is ongoing, the game releases have been going for years and will do for a long time to come. This site has never been about folks COMPLETING sets anyway but instead trying new games, commenting on them and appreciating retrogaming.

If you read through the posts noone is having a serious gripe about the game being here, just having some lighth hearted fun, especially at Barbies expense. Personally I applaud him for uploading something a bit different, I too enjoy playing a variety of games and seeing how various age groups are kept entertained. The younger kids games are also much easier to play which is a bonus for folks like me who are crap at computer games but still enjoy playing them.

less collecting...more playing, thats what I say, and lets all just see a bit of fun for what it is...SMILE!

paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos
Old 26-04-2006, 02:21 PM   #17
LordHart

Quote:
Originally posted by paulypoos@Apr 26 2006, 06:37 AM
If you read through the posts noone is having a serious gripe about the game being here, just having some lighth hearted fun, especially at Barbies expense.
Exactly. I'm all for putting extremely lame games on the site which I can make comments about. If you're up for stopping people commenting on the game, whether positive or even negatively (without being excessively negative), then thats when you become a nazi. Please don't be a nazi.
LordHart is offline                         Send a private message to LordHart
Old 26-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #18
oh my

how about you guys don't try to be smartasses and just listen to what the guy said. quit spamming if you don't have anything to say about the game at all. the whole "we're just trying to be light-hearted morons" thing sounds obnoxious, especially when you go around admitting it since noone really cares anyway.
and if you're not satisfied with what's been uploaded, then hell, there are about a few hundred other games that have been uploaded. why not check them out instead. i'm just glad that there IS something uploaded.

anyway, the game was okay. quite a bit of fun, atleast for a while.
yeah. barbie's purrty.

Old 26-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #19
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Light talk is allright. Spamming is not.
I had to remove nearly a dozen posts from this thread just because of it. Retarded comments that sounded like written by testosterone-overloaded sixteen-year-olds, not much less retarded replies et al.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-05-2006, 11:51 PM   #20
Professor Nopants

I'm sorry, but this game looks totally rad. And I loved princess maker 2. My first princess turned into a hooker! Woot! Hope you can do that to Barbie.
Professor Nopants is offline                         Send a private message to Professor Nopants