Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-06-2006, 04:32 AM   #2461
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
PS I still think half the alien casualties were from their own Blaster Bombs. And this is on Superhuman, so their reactions/accuracy is typical 60/60 - way better than all but my top 4-5 guys. [/b]
It isnt rare, you hear the explosion and see the destroyed area + the corposes.
For yeah that waiting, ambushing and only accpeting fight when you got the upper hand your loses will be low but PSI can change it.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:35 AM   #2462
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laiocfar @ Jun 6 2006, 09:24 AM) [snapback]234584[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I also recommend move troops by pair but the weak point are the terror weapons in bases where they can be waiting in next corner. Blasters are very dangerous at beginnig where your toops are packed and when there are many spotted aliens that cant be shooted by lacking of TU and many more uspotted ones.

2) hit-hit-repels-hit-fail and a base full of ethereals. Better got 3.
[/b]
So they are welcome

As I mentioned above I don't have a betrayers on my bases by the time when etherials start to participate in raids.

While raiding alien bases I am splitting soldiers into trinities instead of pairs. The 1st one is a scout, the 2nd is a sniper, the 3rd is a rookie or inaccurate soldier.
Scout spots, rookie tries to kill, sniper finishes a work.

Sometimes I am using "relay race" . 1st soldier removes linchpin ,sets a timer for grenade, drops it under his legs and makes 1 step aside. 2nd soldier takes armed grenade from the floor and throws it to a target or to the next soldier and so on until the grenade reaches enemy.

etherials first appears at about 9th of may.
At this point I have Flying Suits,Heavy Plasma, Blaster Launcher, 10 faitful soldiers at <strike>each</strike> main base.

>
Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi
Old 08-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #2463
laiocfar
NOD Commander

I dont got such equiment when i meet them. When they come in play, the war changes 180 degrees, i try to avoid them and only stronger and better equiped squad try out on them. Anyway some little research and some lowering of their activity results in back to the normal situation.
Old 13-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #2464
Xeno

Hey is that normal that in my Experienced game Sectopods have 145 of front armor?? I thought it was for superhuman...

EDIT: Ok scratch that. Seems like there's an armor value for Beginner and another for the rest.

So the differences between Experienced and Superhuman would be:

- more aliens per ship
- more UFOs?
- better stats (TUs, reaction, accuracy (not health)) for aliens?
- more chance of retaliation missions?

Anything else?
Xeno is offline                         Send a private message to Xeno
Old 15-06-2006, 02:45 AM   #2465
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laiocfar @ Jun 9 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]235198[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I dont got such equiment when i meet them. When they come in play, the war changes 180 degrees, i try to avoid them and only stronger and better equiped squad try out on them. Anyway some little research and some lowering of their activity results in back to the normal situation.
[/b]
all you need is 10 soldiers with Psionic stregth higher then 90. The rest is not necessary. You can succefully play armed with only auto canons and with no armor. Once etherials become inefficient in you can act like they are mutons (thanks god it is not a LobsterMans )

Use every early Sectoid battleship to calculate out all betrayers(soldiers with psionic strength lower then 75)
Save three days before battleship. Shoot down a Battleship then send your rookies for test. Save mission here. Run around and shoot a bit. If you have some soldiers under control then remember their names, reload mission and shoot them. After you noticed that none of rest 2 or 5 soldiers was under control then reload the game(3 days before) and fire betrayers and hire a new squad.
EDIT: it takes 3 days for new rookies too arrive.
Wait again for the same Battleship ,shoot it again and go for test. Usually I have 2 bases with skyrangers for the time when 1st battleship arrives. So I can check 20 soldiers with 1 battleship and then merge the rest soldiers from both bases to make a good squad.
EDIT: Shooting down a battleship is a VERY VERY hard work so i prefer to check soldiers that i already have.
Remember: only Sectiod Commander can hypnotize so do not kill him occasionally.
Commander will not -ze your soldiers at start you need to let him know "fresh meat arrived". You need to locate at least 1 Sectoid soldier and kill him. Or you need that Sectoids will see your units. And then Commander starts "working".

There's one more easy way. Use HEX Editor to view soldier's stats or use some UFO editors.

BTW, what is your research order?
Old 15-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #2466
Xeno

Any of you had their name appear on the recruit list?

Me close enough. I got a Samuel Crossett (2 times) and my name is Samuel Cossette :blink:
Old 16-06-2006, 12:06 AM   #2467
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xeno @ Jun 16 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]237054[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Any of you had their name appear on the recruit list?

Me close enough. I got a Samuel Crossett (2 times) and my name is Samuel Cossette :blink:
[/b]
Nope. I have not my name in recruit list. But I noticed(it is true for any game) that if you name
a soldier or a hero with your name then this soldier/hero dies very soon. Mystic!!!
Old 16-06-2006, 12:28 AM   #2468
Xeno

Maybe because you want him to do plenty of cool stuff.
Old 16-06-2006, 01:00 AM   #2469
newbee 1

Help! Dled u:eu both dos and windows and can't get either to work. Anyone know how I can get this to work? Loved this game when it came out originally but then upgraded and couldn't get it to work(late 90s, early 2000).
I'm running an amd athlon processor clocked at 2 gig with windows xp and I have a copy of dosbox .65.

It seems like there is a program missing from both files. The dos ver. the closest I could get was getting it to run dos4gw, then said GEO:: unable to locate program.

Any suggestions welcome! :wallbash:

Old 16-06-2006, 01:53 AM   #2470
Xeno

There've been tons of questions like this in this thread (I know, I read up to page 157). Maybe your answer's in there somewhere.